Old 11-13-2013, 03:32 PM   #11

It sounds like your pilot is plugged and not producing the flame pattern it needs.(could be a bug) Your pilot has to lite and prove itself before the main burner will ignite. What you can try is to disconnect the pilot 1/4" tube at the valve and blow some air through it. If that will not work then you would need to get it serviced. I'm sorry but there is not much more that I know of that you can do. In other words the pilot gas is not in the path of the spark ignitor and not in the flow of gas and you are smelling the pilot raw gas at the vent.

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:42 PM   #12
Mod free 5er

Don't think the dsi furnace has a pilot, I think it lights the main burner. Not like the oven.

Old 11-13-2013, 03:47 PM   #13

With these furnaces, the fan will come on before the igniter lights the gas. When the furnace runs and heats the TT up and get to the desired temp and shuts down, the fan will continue to run for a minute to cool down the furnace area.

One winter camping trip we had the same issue and found out that it was a shorted out battery that could not keep a charge. The converter ran everything (lights, fan) well (with a bad batt) until more steady power was required to keep the gas electronics open. Once the furnace fan was going and then time for the gas to be lit... came on for a short time and then the flame would go out. Had an electrition and furnace guy in the group I was with.... they looked high and low over that thing and everything was 'good' as long as I used an outside batt source. Hooked cables from the truck batt to the TT batt and it worked fine.

When you get a chance have your batt Load tested.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:06 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Don't think the dsi furnace has a pilot, I think it lights the main burner. Not like the oven.
You are right OC it's direct spark ignition, she could have a plugged burner ribbon.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:43 PM   #15

Ok so where and what should I check that might be plugged? Do I need to remove the furnace? If I remove the furnace I have to disconnect the copper tube that supplies the gas. Also should I turn off all gas supply to rv before moving the furnace?
Old 11-13-2013, 05:54 PM   #16

I would suggest that you start with this Troubleshooting Guide from the FRF Library. There are several other documents there on the Furnace as well.

You will certainly have to gain access to the sides/back of the furnace. It may be necessary to remove it if you can't inspect it thru that access.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:55 PM   #17
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melcarbajal View Post
Ok so where and what should I check that might be plugged? Do I need to remove the furnace? If I remove the furnace I have to disconnect the copper tube that supplies the gas. Also should I turn off all gas supply to rv before moving the furnace?
Definitely shut off the propane at the tank, disconnect shore power and battery before attempting to remove the furnace.

Tags
furnace