Old 11-13-2013, 01:18 PM   #1

Question Furnace

I have a 05 36' bunkhouse cardinal I cannot get the heater to work.
On the wall thermostat I have it switched to furnace, fan in the "on" position. It blows cold out of the ceiling vents. The thermostat still on the furnace with the fan on "auto" position it blows cold out of the floor vents for a few minutes and then shuts off. The thermostat is set on 80 for both attempts. I have gas running inside the trailer because the stove pilots will light and hot water heater is also putting out hot water.
Does anyone have any ideas or some step-by-step instructions for me to get this heater running? I have looked at the owners manual and still cannot make sense of it. Also I have checked the breakers and they are all on and the fuse for the furnace is good.

Old 11-13-2013, 01:37 PM   #2

First turn your stat to auto for the fan, second turn your furnace off and the back on, raise the temp to 90 for now, the blower will start and you should feel air at the floor registers only. It will try to light 3 x's then it will lock out. Then you need to repeat the same process. You might just have air in your line. If it still will not light after doing that sequence 3 or 4 times then you have a problem. Try that first and let us know.

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:12 PM   #3

Ok I tried that, it's still blowing cold. Outside the rv where the "suburban inlet & outlet vent" is the outlet vent smells like it blowing out gas. I know that's probably not normal. Is there something that can be clogged preventing the gas from reaching the furnace inside?
Old 11-13-2013, 02:23 PM   #4

Also in the owners manual it is talking about opening manual shut off valve where the valve at the outside LP tank. Any idea where that is? and what that means?
Old 11-13-2013, 02:28 PM   #5

When you stand outside next to the heater vent, do you hear the spark ignition trying to light the burner soon after the fan comes on?

Do your kitchen stove burners light ok?
Old 11-13-2013, 02:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melcarbajal View Post
Ok I tried that, it's still blowing cold. Outside the rv where the "suburban inlet & outlet vent" is the outlet vent smells like it blowing out gas. I know that's probably not normal. Is there something that can be clogged preventing the gas from reaching the furnace inside?
No I do not think so, Are you sure? You should have two outlets 1 will suck air in for combustion the 2nd is the flue or exhaust. Sometimes it takes time to feel any heat come out. If you reset it and turn it on can you hear the clicking by the vent? If you are smelling gas coming out that is either exhaust or the pilot. Try it again. The smell is normal even when it's burning. Let me know again. I think they are referring to your valve on top the tank in the manual.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:57 PM   #7

Yes I can hear it clicking outside . It clicked twice then runs for another min or so then furnace shuts off. And yes the vent outside one sucks n air the other is the exhaust . The exhaust smells strong of propane.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:00 PM   #8

The kitchen stove lights with no problem.
It seems like the gas running to the furnace is running to the furnace then straight out threw the exhaust vent.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:11 PM   #9

The furnace keeps turning off by itself, it's still blowing cold from floor vents. When I try to restart it, the motor comes on, can hear the pilot clicking outside. Still smells strong of gas from outside vent. And it's still blowing cold air from vents. Then shuts off again.
Could something be preventing the gas from reaching the pilot?
Could the pilot not be working even if I hear the ignition trying to light the burner?
Old 11-13-2013, 03:25 PM   #10
Mod free 5er

IF, you're smelling gas out the exhaust, the electric spark is not in the gas flow and the furnace will have to be removed and the sparker moved.

Tags
furnace