Old 08-07-2019, 07:06 PM   #1
Hot Dog Slayer

Furrion FOD43TA-BL

I thought that I would start here before I called my dealer to see what they have to say.

I did use the search field before posting my question, so if something exists and I missed it then please feel free to post the link.

I just purchased a used 2016 21DS Micro Lite, and the Furrion monitor that came with it worked on the way home but is now dead.

I have checked that the truck and trailer are plugged into one another, I can see the blue LED on the camera works, but when I plug the monitor into my 12v adapter it doesn't power on.

The 12v adapter has power as other devices work, so I checked the fuse on the Furrion monitor and it's fine. I replaced the fuse just incase, but still no luck. I have tried it in all gears just to make sure that I wasn't missing anything, but nothing works and not LED light comes on when plugged in.

My trailer has an extended warranty good until 2023 that has been transferred into my name already so I'm not too worried about that, just a little miffed as to what could have gone wrong and is there an easy fix that I'm missing?

If it turns out that the monitor is pooched and I need a new one, does anybody know if I can keep the same camera but upgrade the monitor?

Thanks for any insight you may have on this.

Geobound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 08:28 PM   #2

Did you try with your truck lights on? If I remember correctly mine does not work until I turn on my lights.

tclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 10:02 PM   #3
Hot Dog Slayer

I did try with my truck lights on, and still nothing happened.

I think the fact that the LED light doesn't come on when the monitor is plugged in, tells me that the monitor itself is pooched.
Geobound is offline   Reply With Quote