Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2017, 08:56 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachTexas View Post
I have never seen any objective reviews showing those brands as any more durable for RV use. The only thing they have truly going for them is 12v models and some of the others have that as well.
You're absolutely correct...if anything they are less reliable because it is just a label. There is NO factory where TV's of any of those brands are designed and built exclusively. They are just Chinese factories that slap a label on and sell them cheap to the marketing company here in the USA that bought the brand label.
You can now add Toshiba to the list of ofshore brands for TV's as they sold that business to China. They still have their own design and production for other stuff but the TV's are from a different company.

For the OP ...you can have full confidence in Samsung. Be sure to get one thaat has the same inputs that are being used on your Furrion since anything but a cable nipple and HDMI jacks are disappearing from basic TV's.
In smaller TV's you can trust Sony Sharp Samsung LG Vizio as they build their own. So does the new ToshibaTV but they are now being made to hit price points for certain retailers so just be careful in insuring all the features you need are there. Many old standard brands are now merely labled products. The good news is that we are all watching high definition flat TV's at prices you couldn't get a crappy tube for a decade or two ago. Hard to go too far wrong on a set this size.
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 09:24 AM   #22

Had a Samsung in previous camper for five years with no issues. Replaced tv in bedroom with Vizio from Sams, very good Black Friday purchase. Wanted smart tv due Bluetooth, can view pics from DWs camera after a day of pic taking. Wanted the higher resolution for the pics of flora and other landscape. Would not consider using the INet furnished by campground on tv. 50 inch Samsung in den has been going strong for at least 12 years. Good pic, like the Engerizer bunny rabbit.
Days camped in FR 2011-12 = 77, 13-14 = 98, 15-16 = 129
17 = 81, 18 = 44, 19 = 83, 20= 45, 21 = 76, 22 = 57, 23 = 42
Retired :
satdog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 09:57 AM   #23

We went with a cheap bestbuy tv (insignia) that was less than $200 for the main reason that it runs on an external 12vdc power supply. I can plug it directly into the 12v power of the camper when boondocking. Tv has worked well for coming up on two years.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:45 PM   #24

We had a 22inch Vizio in our previous camper. It worked well, but did not look so good at extreme viewing angles. Our new Cherokee 274 RK came with a mount but no TV. We fixed that at Walmart with cheapo 32 inch TLC TV. So far so good. It cost 148.00 and the only problem I had with mounting it was with 3 RCA connectors that would not clear the wall using the PAWS mount that came with the trailer. I resolved that with some longer screws and spaced it away from the wall enough to use all the connectors we needed. The new tv weighs less than 10 pounds, but even so we unhook it from the mount and lay it on the sofa when traveling. With electronics like these TV's I can't see putting much money in them when there's alsways something newer and cheaper and lighter and better coming along. If you spend a lot of money on it then you'll feel more obligated to keep it longer. I know. It makes more junk when we go out and buy the newer model. We just need to make sure we recycle.
Librarianwhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:54 PM   #25

We had the same issue with 29" Furrion but it would only receive signals from remote when it wanted to. Finally got fed up and bought a 32 inch LG works great. Check mounting area size new Rockwood 2604 WS like ours come with 32s no change to cabinet it just sits in front of it.

2014 Rockwood 2604WS
2019 Chevy Trail Boss 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
thunderstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 11:23 AM   #26
King of the Road

Agree with others, the first thing I did after purchasing a brand new 2016 Crusader Lite was buy 2 Samsung smart tv's, 32" for the living area (all the space I had to work with) and 40" for the bedroom. Was $375 and tax for both on sale at Wally World around Christmas.

Never looked back, gave the old one to a neighbor.

2016 days camped = 91, 2017 days camped = 109
Dano1955 is offline   Reply With Quote