Old 07-25-2015, 09:23 PM   #11
Who Dares, Wins

I thought one of the major sells to this was it avoided propane restrictions and such. If it does not them what is the point I guess.

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 12:18 AM   #12

Doesn't your Garmin have a Trip Planner? I think it's in the Apps section. Or, you should be able to create a route in Basecamp and import it. I have an older Garmin and I can input routes or Points of Interest (POI). Haven't done so lately, so not sure of the steps.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Happiness is just a ride away!
Sharon455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 01:19 AM   #13

Almost all GPS can be programmed for multiple waypoints eg: A to B to C to D and route you anyway you want.
Old 07-26-2015, 04:27 AM   #14
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon455 View Post
Doesn't your Garmin have a Trip Planner? I think it's in the Apps section. Or, you should be able to create a route in Basecamp and import it. I have an older Garmin and I can input routes or Points of Interest (POI). Haven't done so lately, so not sure of the steps.
Basecamp is the biggest POS I've ever seen or downloaded from Garmin IMO. A totally useless app.
Old 07-26-2015, 06:56 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Basecamp is the biggest POS I've ever seen or downloaded from Garmin IMO. A totally useless app.
I have tried Basecamp to, it is not a user friendly site. I don't know why they stopped using google maps to send to your GPS handheld. I think they still allow to send it to cars, but not sure on that...
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 07:01 AM   #16
Who Dares, Wins

It is definitely not user friendly.. It will also sometimes just NOT follow the route you create.

One thing I learned.. Once a route is created in Basecamp the GPS can over ride it and make change it as it see fit. So once a route is made you need to make sure the GPS is plugged into the Basecamp as well to "Confirm" the route. Even them it never worked and god forbid you go off the route to stop for fuel or eat. It will pick up where you left off but ignore the route that was programmed from that point forward..

We can put a man on the moon but can not drag and drop to pick the route I want to go!

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 09:01 AM   #17

Until recently Mapquest would work with Garmins, but not anymore. So I've had to get Basecamp and learn it.
Like others stated, not exactly intuitive. But Mapquest could be a PITA too sometimes. I dont have your model Garmin but I did get a route of my choice loaded and it worked using Basecamp. It just took awhile. Like anything new you have to figure out how it works and then adapt to it. Trying to make it work the way you think it should will just leave you frustrated.
I'm not defending the Garmins, there are things that could and should be better.
As someone else also mentioned, a backup plan be it an actual map or downloaded instruction via Google Maps is always a good idea.