Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2010, 05:48 PM   #21

hi. I have a garmin 255w and a 660 and don't have any of the probs...they work perfectly...Re the 255 for the member in Ceylon. I live in Regina...i don't have that problem. It is in the way you set it up. Both my garmin units have been flawless.I just purchased the lifetime update and updated both of them and he maps are incredibly up to date......sorry you guys are not having success with garmin.
polkatronron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:10 PM   #22

Update;

My replacement 465T came in today,turned it on and it worked for a few minutes and it froze up. Reset the unit and it froze up again. Its going back and I will update my paper maps and road atlas. I just love technology.
Days camped in 2015...more than 2014!!
yvesm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:39 PM   #23

Sorry to hear that. I just came back from a 450 KM road trip and my Garmin Nuvii 660 worked perfectly...Is you 465 model a Garmin Nuvii...I have had real good luck with them...you can pick up a 255W now for about a hundred bucks. Good Luck
polkatronron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:34 AM   #24

Tried to set my 255 up differently, if I remember right I only had 3 options-shortest, fastest and most gas saving, did not have a choice of highway or side roads. I would think it would work good (as the chap from Regina said) as long as you are not out in rural areas looking for directions.
ayotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:51 AM   #25

the 465t has a truck mode on it that should route u onto truck routes. i've taken only 4 trips with it and it does. will not work in truck mode on roads that off limits to commercial traffic.

yvesm:
try powering up with the power cord disconnected and see what happens. i have a different problem (audio doesn't work sometimes although not muted). if i power down and disconnect the power cord, the problem disappears. the problem doesn't happen very often but has never happened when i power up on internal bat.
after it is up reconnect the power cord. i believe there is a problem between the traffic radio and the unit. when my traffic radio updated, the problem appeared to disappear...but it came back. i'm hoping they come up with either a firm ware or soft ware fix.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:57 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimh View Post
the 465t has a truck mode on it that should route u onto truck routes. i've taken only 4 trips with it and it does. will not work in truck mode on roads that off limits to commercial traffic.

yvesm:
try powering up with the power cord disconnected and see what happens. i have a different problem (audio doesn't work sometimes although not muted). if i power down and disconnect the power cord, the problem disappears. the problem doesn't happen very often but has never happened when i power up on internal bat.
after it is up reconnect the power cord. i believe there is a problem between the traffic radio and the unit. when my traffic radio updated, the problem appeared to disappear...but it came back. i'm hoping they come up with either a firm ware or soft ware fix.
Tried all that, unit comes on and freezes up
Days camped in 2015...more than 2014!!
yvesm is offline   Reply With Quote