Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 07:30 AM   #41

When Katrina hit and Exon lost the refinery in the east coast gs went to 145$ a barrel and 1.35 a litre in Canada
At 110$ a barrel we are now at 139.9 a litre for regular X 4.54 litres in our gallon.
You'll not get a break this year with speculation gas will hit 200$ a barrel.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:46 AM   #42
Moderator Emeritus

I have just started to read some of the posts on this thread, and have already had to "doctor" a couple of posts. This is a reminder to keep things civil, and easy on the politics. If not this thread will be closed.

There are no easy solutions to the gas prices. Do your political talking at the ballot box.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
Old 04-01-2012, 08:20 AM   #43

Mtnguy. Remember its the Government who sets the prices, and speculation makes the shareholders rich. If it was fair we'd be an oil producing couple of nations and selling to our own people the same way Iran, Iraq Saudi Arabia and Ven. do for pennies. Wait we are a couple of oil producing nations. If the truth be known. Remember in the 60's when a man in his garage made a carb that gave almost 60 miles per gallon and the gas manufacturers threatened him to not produce it?

Why does the truth always seem to be vetted? I have fought overseas for that right to state both my and your case and protect that right to fredom of speech. I thought my comment was civil and although political fairly accurate and truthful.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:22 AM   #44

Unfortunately, increasing domestic supply has little effect on the price of gas at the pump, even though the politicians NOT in power always like to claim it does. Maybe if the US was completely self-sufficient in energy, but that will never happen.
Midwest refineries are not paying anywhere near the world price for oil, and yet are fuel prices that much cheaper there?
There is no simple solution, and changing who runs the government would have ZERO effect.
Simple truth, although not universally recognised.
And once Canada has built their new pipelines to export oil to China, we will start charging what it is worth, and the US will lose access to that cheap oil.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:34 AM   #45
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilCop4523 View Post
I have fought overseas for that right to state both my and your case and protect that right to fredom of speech. I thought my comment was civil and although political fairly accurate and truthful.
I thank you for your service to our country. However, this is from our "Communtity Rules".

About the First Amendment, censorship and your "right to free speech": You have a right to free speech, but not on this forum. It is privately owned and requires members to abide by our guidelines and by the decisions of our moderators. If you cannot accept these guidelines please feel free to contact one of the many good web hosting companies out there to set up an account, create your own discussion board and exercise your First Amendment rights to your heart's content.

Any further response of questions can directed to me via a PM.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
Old 04-01-2012, 09:25 AM   #46
Site Team - Lou

Thread closed.
Since there are no easy or likely solutions to higher gas prices.
I think that posts made here already and in future will only serve to fracture the Forum's Community.

I hope this action on the part of "The Gatekeepers" will be taken in the spirit of brotherhood and not a slight on any person's service to country or individual rights.
Closed Thread