Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2010, 05:52 AM   #21

Where is the cut off for increased rates? Last night we were over a friends house, they just finished up having water damage due to a bad filter hose that broke loose from the kitchen. The damage was server, they have a split foyer style house or what is called a raised rancher and they were not home at the time of this mishap. The ceramic tile in the kitchen and the sub flooring had to be replaced, the hard wood floor in the living room along with the sub flooring had to be replaced and carpeting and padding in the hallway was replaced. Down stairs in the family room the drywall ceiling and two other walls and the insulation was removed plus the vinyl floor had to go. As far as furniture go's a 42" LCD TV was full of water and a 32" TV that was setting on the floor was wet as well, and the counter top in the kitchen was soak from the water pressure spraying under the sink. There cost for repairs and replacement was over $25,000 bucks and our friend said there insurance rate went up only $300 dollars, they are with State Farm. Now how can this be, Under $2000 for me and nothing was replaced and over $25,000 for them and had almost half of the house was replaced inside. We do not have the same insurance company. By the way they found out why the water filer hose had busted..... They have public water and the water pressure regulator for the in coming water was wide open, the water regulator malfunctioned and the nose to the filter had too much pressure on it.
It seens like there maybe something to look out for, for those of you that have public water before you go camping make sure the regulator is working correctly I am sure there is nothing like returning from a camping trip to find a water falls coming down the steps as you open the door.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:14 AM   #22

Is Geico in Canada ?
Team Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:24 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Wilhelm View Post
Is Geico in Canada ?
Here is a phone #1-800-841-3000 Give them a call, see what they say, and let us know.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:22 PM   #24

Thanks Rock Wood. I'll give it a try and let you know.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:24 AM   #25

I called Feb 05 and was told no - funny cause they advertise here ? ....Ron
Old 02-06-2010, 11:56 AM   #26

I called and not availible in Canada
Old 02-06-2010, 01:23 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Wilhelm View Post
I called and not availible in Canada
I posted this info yesterday under the thread "A Word About Geico Insurance and Canada" I could not remember which member ask the question.