Old 05-07-2009, 07:32 PM   #1
Geico Insurance And Forest River

I read an artical somewhere about Geico Insurance and Forest River having something in common with each other. The artical said now that Geico offers RV insurance they advertises this new service using Forest River products. It has been mention that a Georgetown class "A" and a Sunseeker has been used in the promotion. If this is the case then maybe I can get a discount, I have Geico. Is there anyone that knows about this connection?

rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:37 PM   #2
You may want to read this:

Momma Tac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:44 PM   #3
Originally Posted by Momma Tac View Post

How about that, thanks for the link.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:35 AM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member
We have GEICO insurance on all of our vehicles including the RV. There's no special discount but I will say one thing. I had the misfortune of being directed into a water faucet sticking out of the ground by an employee at one particular campground in Gettysburg. I contacted GEICO and they were terrific. Over $5,000 damage to the doors on my driver's side and everything went smooth from day one. The representative met me at the dealership and from there it was just a matter of time waiting for the new doors to arrive. Chesaco RV in Joppa MD did all the repairs and painting. You'd never know anything ever happened. I learned one thing, just because an employee works for a campground you can't rely on them to guide you safely. I get out and look everywhere now.

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:58 PM   #5
Geico and Forest River are owner by the same corperation, Warren Buffett (BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY INC) .
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:20 AM   #6
I have Geico insurance on all the toys and when I was getting read to renew I check on insurance with the other companies that said they could save me upto $500 a year on insurance. We started with the 2008 Sunseeker and all wanted 3 times what Geico is charging me. They said the Geico did not have FULL REPLCEMENT on the RV, they are wrong, I rechecked and it is there for the first 7 years and then it is prorated after that. Back 5 years ago I lost an awning on a TT and they gave me no problem fixing that.
jaxfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:58 AM   #7
When I changed over to Geico, my insurance dropped $1,100 bucks and I added extra coverage. I have full coverage on all of my vehicles and I hear they are great to deal with if you have a claim.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:00 PM   #8
I called for a quote and they could not beat Good Sam (GMAC) for the TT. I was also pissed because they would not provide the quote without completing the "full application" over the phone which included a lot of personal information...standing by for the 50 pounds of junk mail for the next five years. I told the rep that I wanted to 'opt out' but we'll see what happens.

2006 Avalanche 1500 w/6" lift
2007 Suburban 2500 4x4 w/4" lift
2008 Salem 26TBSS
P3 Controller
4 lil' ones & a Hottie for a wife
TravelSoftballDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:46 PM   #9
We have GEICO and they were great when we wrecked our Big Sky. Full replacement was part of our insurance. It was handled very well. Not as quickly as I would have liked but we weren't out any money.
PATTYRN5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:48 AM   #10
We Use Progressive for RV insurance

... and unfortunately we had a claim the very first week, when a storm wrecked our awning and we were still novices. An $1100 claim. Progressive was great and paid the claim quickly, only asking to see the trailer and take pics, since the policy was brand new (and he implied that otherwise he would not have to come out). He had a printer in his car and printed me a check on the spot.

They also offer replacement coverage. The policy for our $19000 2005 FR Wildwood runs about $570 per year. I'm happy with them, so you should compare their rates and coverage with GEICO.

By the way, I had to sue GEICO once when someone without insurance hit me and I was injured. GEICO stalled and stalled and stalled on paying valid medical claims until I had to hire a PI attorney, which should have been unnecessary. In my opinion, GEICO is great UNTIL you get hit by another driver with no insurance and there is no way for them to subrogate (pass along the costs) to another insurance company. When that happens they cast you into the Insurance Purgatory department.

Get the facts, not the gecko hype. Check out the GEICO complaints. They are not anecdotal, and it cost me an extra 35% in legal fees to find this out the hard way.

walk_the_walk is offline   Reply With Quote