Old 08-27-2016, 06:46 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1960 View Post
It's no different for them to do warranty work on any unit weather they sold it or not . they just refuse to work on what they don't sale thinking next time they will get you to buy from them . i would never buy from a dealer like that .
I disagree. Any dealer will prep a sold unit 1st. My dealer is delivering 6-15 units 6 days a week. All are selling like crazy. Next comes customers they sold to. Next comes paying customers at full margin. Few have the time or techs to get to anything else.
I don't use my 5er in summer so they know they can work it in. If anything between trips I go to the front of the line. They have a lot of overhead and have bills to pay too.
The next time fuel prices run up or the next recession that work will keep techs busy. In the mean time the mobile techs will come and many will do warranty work.

Old 08-27-2016, 07:55 PM   #32

DON'T use CW they could not fix a bike.have tire going side ways. really what we all have to do is tell all we know not to use them.just maybe Marcus will get the hint.so tired hearing abt their rapid responce team

santara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 11:15 PM   #33
Back On The Go

Closest dealer won't do my warranty work

FR authorized (to sell) dealer near me won't touch warranty work on my Georgetown although they told me they could not (would not) compete on the initial sale with other dealers and had nothing in stock. But, the dealer I bought from is useless as tits on a boarhog and won't even return phone calls, so to me they are all worthless for warranty repairs. FR itself is great but I'm a long ways from Elkhart.

Not too serious about anything except what affects health and happiness.
salwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 11:54 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by santara View Post
DON'T use CW they could not fix a bike.have tire going side ways. really what we all have to do is tell all we know not to use them.just maybe Marcus will get the hint.so tired hearing abt their rapid responce team
Best service I ever had is at CW. So,,, the more that stay away the faster they get my work done and do a great job as usual.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 02:14 AM   #35

Whats best

After our third RV purchase ( 3025 FR Windjammer) and experiences with various dealerships, i have decided the next purchased will be based on a dealers ratings and not a manufactures products. What good is any RV if you can not get it serviced?

No Direction Home
Old 08-28-2016, 08:29 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan1972 View Post
After our third RV purchase ( 3025 FR Windjammer) and experiences with various dealerships, i have decided the next purchased will be based on a dealers ratings and not a manufactures products. What good is any RV if you can not get it serviced?

No Direction Home

That is part of the reason I buy at the same dealer and work with the same people always. Besides, when they see you in the store and for service it may help. I have taken the salesperson I use and my service writer to lunch more than once - that may help as well. I know them beyond simply business now. The guys in parts know my face and I buy there not Amazon most of the time. BTW I request the same tech for work. When the service mgr gives him the work order does he move it up his list? When he helps hook up or explain what he did does that tip help? Does letting the service mgr know if it can sit for a while make a difference?
It is a busy CW but I have developed a relation ship with the employees and 3 managers. I could have saved $2100 buy purchasing my 5er 1050 miles away. I believe they have repaid that along with the time and travel costs in many ways.
Old 08-28-2016, 10:28 AM   #37

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5er_tom View Post
Camping World will NEVER see my RV. Too many horror stories about CW service, or lack thereof.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
I have to agree with you. CW, Colfax,NC is a joke. I have a 2016 Cherokee I purchased in Oct. 2015 and they have had it at the shop more than I have camped in it. If you go there with 3 problems you are lucky to leave with one of the three fixed. I hope I never have to deal with them again. I am waiting on another dealer now to fix items that CW was suppose to fix the last time they had it.
Old 08-28-2016, 02:50 PM   #38

Dealer Not Servicing RV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Majeed View Post
I called General RV in their Canton, Ohio location for some warranty work on my 2016 Georgetown 351DS, and I was told that a month ago Service Department received a directive from ownership not to take any motorhomes for service that were not bought directly from General RV!!!
I think this is rotten and unethical. If you are a Georgetown dealer you are, in my opinion, obligated to service these units regardless of where they were bought!!!!

Whatever happened to customer service?
One would think that it does not make sense that any dealer would refuse to service any RV, whether you purchased it there or not, since they make good money doing the work. The only explanation is that they can't handle all the service work that's coming their way. The solution to that is more competition from new service suppliers and I think that's coming. One of our local dealers in Stuart Florida just closed its showroom and does nothing but repairs and servicing now. Also, I am hearing about dealer technicians who quit and are going solo and do repair rigs on your site.
Old 08-28-2016, 07:29 PM   #39

I go to Camper Care in Deerfield on Rt 14. Bud Sworak.
Old 08-28-2016, 07:52 PM   #40

I keep reading these posts...

We have a dealer here in town. They are honest, and good. Everyone that buys there loves them. But boy are they high!

Yet their service is great. They work on anything. The reason they are so behind is not due to not working on a unit they didn't sell, or any such thing......although they DO take care of their customers well! It's due to being good at service and being so far behind because they ARE good at it.

Backwards from what I read here...............usually. I didn't buy there because I saved a cool $29,000! But I'd take it there for major work in a heartbeat!

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown, service