Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2016, 11:08 AM   #1
Member
 
Matt Majeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hinckley
Posts: 30
General RV not accepting Georgetowns for service!

I called General RV in their Canton, Ohio location for some warranty work on my 2016 Georgetown 351DS, and I was told that a month ago Service Department received a directive from ownership not to take any motorhomes for service that were not bought directly from General RV!!!
I think this is rotten and unethical. If you are a Georgetown dealer you are, in my opinion, obligated to service these units regardless of where they were bought!!!!

Whatever happened to customer service?
__________________

__________________
Matt Majeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 11:11 AM   #2
Site Team
 
wmtire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northeast Louisiana
Posts: 13,599
Yep, the RV industry is a different animal than the vehicle industry. Fair or not, it is what it is. FR even warns of such on their website:

Forest River RV Dealer Locator - Forest River, Inc.

Thor even states similar:

https://thormotorcoach.com/RV-Dealers/
__________________

__________________
2011 Flagstaff 831 RLBSS

Why is no one ever the right amount of whelmed?
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 11:23 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Leech Lake, MN
Posts: 156
Hold on-I'll be right back. I have to go make some pop corn.
__________________
2003 GMC 2500 HD 8.1 & ALLISION TRANSMISSION
2000 SIERRA 30 ft FKSS
hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 12:37 PM   #4
Member
 
Matt Majeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hinckley
Posts: 30
It's nuts that even the manufacturer's website tells you that you are pretty much at the mercy of the local dealership!

Well, I called Camping World in Akron, Ohio, and they were really cool about bringing my unit in for service.
__________________
Matt Majeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 12:51 PM   #5
Site Team
 
wmtire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northeast Louisiana
Posts: 13,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Majeed View Post
It's nuts that even the manufacturer's website tells you that you are pretty much at the mercy of the local dealership!

Well, I called Camping World in Akron, Ohio, and they were really cool about bringing my unit in for service.
Good deal, hope they take care of you.
__________________
2011 Flagstaff 831 RLBSS

Why is no one ever the right amount of whelmed?
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 01:01 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
ChipBruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 309
I hope they take good care of you, but why not take it back to the dealer you bought it from?

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Fuzion Impact 312
2015 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ
WELL....THAT WAS FUN!
__________________
Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO


ChipBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 01:20 PM   #7
Member
 
Matt Majeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hinckley
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipBruce View Post
I hope they take good care of you, but why not take it back to the dealer you bought it from?

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Fuzion Impact 312
2015 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ
WELL....THAT WAS FUN!
Hi Chip,
Thanks Chip, I bought it from southern Ohio and I live all the way up by Cleveland. The dealer is about 5 hours away.
__________________
Matt Majeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 01:24 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
5er_tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 1,185
Camping World will NEVER see my RV. Too many horror stories about CW service, or lack thereof.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
Tom & Renée
Durham, NC

2015 Wildcat 295RSX
2012 Ford F-250, 4x4, 6.7 Liter Diesel
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 01:26 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
NCBBA11043's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Ohio
Posts: 126
Be Careful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Majeed View Post
Well, I called Camping World in Akron, Ohio, and they were really cool about bringing my unit in for service.
When you make an appointment with them, it's only for you to drop it off. It has NOTHING to do with when they will work on it. Many horror stories about Sirpilla sitting on units for months. They also play the blame game: waiting for authorization from FR - I had called FR, they said they did weeks ago. Since my unit is out of warranty, I'll never go back. They also break more than they fix. Installed a third ceiling light about counter - screwed right into ceiling panel. No structural strength - fixture was dangling down on the way home. I'm going back to a small shop that I bought my first Scotty from in Deerfield. PM me if you want his name.
__________________
2015 Silverado 3500HD CC Long Bed Diesel
2016 Silverback 33IK
NCBBA11043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 01:38 PM   #10
Member
 
Matt Majeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hinckley
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBBA11043 View Post
When you make an appointment with them, it's only for you to drop it off. It has NOTHING to do with when they will work on it. Many horror stories about Sirpilla sitting on units for months. They also play the blame game: waiting for authorization from FR - I had called FR, they said they did weeks ago. Since my unit is out of warranty, I'll never go back. They also break more than they fix. Installed a third ceiling light about counter - screwed right into ceiling panel. No structural strength - fixture was dangling down on the way home. I'm going back to a small shop that I bought my first Scotty from in Deerfield. PM me if you want his name.
That's what I'm afraid of!! I hear too many horror stories about CW!

Where do you take your unit?

Thanks,
Matt
__________________

__________________
Matt Majeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
georgetown, service

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 PM.