Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2014, 06:42 PM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
What size and brand is your a/c unit?

TURBS.
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:53 PM   #12
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
What size and brand is your a/c unit?

TURBS.
Dometic 15,000 BTU
__________________

__________________
ShooterGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:56 PM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
You don't have an ems surge guard with display do you?
If you don't you should invest in one!

Be nice to see how many volts gennie is putting out and how many amps your drawing.

You could easily check volts with a volt meter but need an amp clamp to check amps.

TURBS.
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:02 PM   #14
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 50
If it's brand new go get it warrantied it shouldn't do that
__________________
proggod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:09 PM   #15
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
You don't have an ems surge guard with display do you?
If you don't you should invest in one!

Be nice to see how many volts gennie is putting out and how many amps your drawing.

You could easily check volts with a volt meter but need an amp clamp to check amps.

TURBS.

Not talking about this are ya... Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1416269362.872504.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	776.8 KB
ID:	66546
__________________
ShooterGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:10 PM   #16
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by proggod View Post
If it's brand new go get it warrantied it shouldn't do that

Yea. I know. But I hear it takes the place I bought it weeks to do warranty service. Do I have to take it back to the place I bought it?
__________________
ShooterGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:12 PM   #17
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooterGuy View Post
Not talking about this are ya... Attachment 66546
Well yes and no lol.

a progressive dynamics hardwired unit works when you run shore power or gennie power if after the transfer switch.

Normally there hardwired right behind electrical distribution panel.


TURBS.
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:14 PM   #18
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
Well yes and no lol.

a progressive dynamics hardwired unit works when you run shore power or gennie power if after the transfer switch.

Normally there hardwired right behind electrical distribution panel.


TURBS.
Well, damn. lol
__________________
ShooterGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:29 PM   #19
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 50
You never answered if you let it run for a while before starting A/C. I know with my generators if I try and use a lot of power right away, it will die.
__________________
proggod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:33 PM   #20
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by proggod View Post
You never answered if you let it run for a while before starting A/C. I know with my generators if I try and use a lot of power right away, it will die.

Yea. Generator ran for almost 30 mins before I tried turning in the ac. Batteries also show that they are full.
__________________

__________________
ShooterGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
generator

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 PM.