Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2018, 11:22 AM   #41
ArmchairQB

Spidey,
I hope you enjoy whatever avenue you decide to go down now, by whatever method you choose to go down it. My wife and I came at it from the other direction-just the occasional tent camping weekend with the kids, fishing excursions and of course the parks. we enjoyed it immensely, made a lot of good memories for us and as it turns out for the boys as well. now that we are empty nesters, and we no longer need the super duper extra large and of necessity always full pantry, there suddenly seemed to be a little $ extra left over every month and we were really missing the camping-except for that long haul up from the ground every morning. We bought our trailer because with just us the weekends are open, we don't have to worry about disrupting one or the other of the kids schedules-we can just go. In fact after starting with a small trailer to see if we would even enjoy it. as it turns out we enjoy it a lot and decided we needed to go larger so the dogs can enjoy it as well. so now, for us this is our time with no one to answer to except each other. We will try mightily to fill the void you will be leaving in the campgrounds of America. Enjoy your time together because, cliché or not, life is too short not to enjoy what you can while you can especially when you can do it with someone you love!
Steve
(I apparently have not finished my signature)
2016 Micro-lite 21DS sold
2019 Rockwood 2707WS
2008 F150 w/HD tow
two furry friends, Golden Retriever mixes- both rescues
and best friend, wife
Duckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 11:26 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
X2. I think of selling my RV everytime I wax it or spend a few days out of a trip diagnosing/fixing some problem with it
Same (obviously) The last fix I couldnt do cost me over $1000 to repair. Im in the mood to not have unneeded bills if possible.

If I rented a trailer and the furnace quit working, they can fix it, and I go home
spidey1972 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer