Old 02-22-2010, 04:28 AM   #1
Getting ready for Camping

Now that the weather has warm up and has been melting the 40+" of snow, we are now able to get out and about. My wife is ready for camping so, I found out yesterday when she return from Wal-Mart with 4 bird feeders, bird food and some other stuff for the camper. She stopped at the Mall and was looking around the Dollar store and came across a 3x5 yellow & black smiley face flag, which had a price tag of $5.00. I have a telescopic painters pole that extends 18' on the back of my camper that I made into a flag pole, so guess where the smiley face flag is going. My wife is also ready to get into the camper and do her thing for the camping season, but it is just a little early yet.... I think part of it is cabin fever... I am sure there will be more shopping going on before we put the camper on our seasonal site, but in any case come on Spring.

rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:18 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member
I hear you! This weekend's warmer temperatures really reduced the piles of snow. Next to our walkway is now about 14" deep, better than 28" by far. We were out at WalMart Friday and found the electric blankets reduced to $20 for all sizes. Just a few weeks ago they were $85, so of course we got one for the motorhome. I got on the roof and removed all the snow from the coach Thursday. This coming weekend we're planning to start cleaning everything, mirrors, cabinets, etc. So we'll be ready to go. We may do a little driveway camping this weekend as well.

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:44 AM   #3
I was able to wash my tt saturday, roof & awning included. Temps in the mid to high 50's. Still have a few stubborn black streaks I'll have to get in the next couple of weeks.
Turned colder sunday with rain so I started spring clean up inside.
I've also started going over the tt, tightening loose screws and fixing whatever else I can find. Everything is in good shape. I've found no major problems.
We've got reservations for the second weekend in March. Spring break and we'll be taking our 2 oldest GD's, 7 & 8 yrs old. There's a nice family camground 35 or 40 miles from here. They have lots of activities, such as crafts & games for the kids. Trout fishing for me. Hopefully the rain and snow will end and the weather will be nice, at least for this time of year.
I'll sanitize the fresh water tank and lines the week before we go. We may have a few more nights below freezeing but I'll place heaters in the tt when we do. I also have a light that I place next to the water pump.
We'll start buying what we need, a little at a time when we go shopping.
To steal a phrase from Darrel Waltrip, "Let's go CAMPING, boys!"

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2016 Nights Camped - 9
grhodes50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:38 AM   #4
I know what you mean about cabin fever. We are recently retired and it's not that we miss work, we miss being busy. The weather here has been just cold enough, rainey enough, or sloppy enough to curb outdoor activities. We finaly had a short break in the weather and went to Goose Island State Park at Rock Port Texas for 3 nights last week. It was great low 60s daytime, low 30s at night and sunny. Deer were feeding on acorns within 50 yards of the camper every morning. Hang in there spring is comming.
2010 Rockwood 2604SS
2008 Silverado 1500 LTZ 4X4

Great Wife and Idiot Yorkie
True Friends are like diamonds, precious and rare.
False ones like autumn leaves found everywhere
Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:48 AM   #5
We are dying to get out... it is finally warming up here and we actually had a few days in the 60s but this week is supposed to be cold again. We're aiming for a March camping trip.
sonicsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:02 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
I took the 1st step of getting ready for the 2010 camping season by washing my blue ovals and everything surrounding them. This weekend was the 1st time in about a month that the weather was good enough to do the 50s!!! Over the next couple of days, I plan on detailing my truck in a nice warm garage for its every 3 year wax job......I have 3 vehicles, so it works out to each of my vehicles being waxed every 3rd winter.

I saw something this weekend that I don't think I have ever seen before. I was washing my truck while my neighbor was shoveling his driveway. During the last snow, he decided to make a bunch of runs over the snow with his car so he wouldn't have to shovel, and the prolonged cold weather has made his driveway treacherous. I can't say much, as I tried that method during the Dec. blizzard, and learned my lesson.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2006 Ford F150 Super Cab 4x4
2008 Surveyor 263
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:42 PM   #7
We got our Surveyor washed yesterday. I bought a new Equalizer WHD hitch from RV Wholesalers for it, now I guess I have to buy the tools I need to put it on. I don't think I'll have a problem doing that. It goes in this coming weekend for annual service and to have the wheel bearings lubed and breaks checked. Let's go Campin'!

bamasurveyor is offline   Reply With Quote