Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2018, 04:23 PM   #1

Getting rid of our microwave.

We have a very small travel trailer a Coachmen Apex Nano 193 BHS. We rarely use hookups, and we boondock most of the time. Even when we DO use hookups, we rarely use the microwave.

I had some ideas about this.
  • Install propane oven
  • Install Drawers
  • Leave well enough alone

For those of you that have a propane oven, how do you like it? Is it worth it? Right now we use a dutch oven for most of our camp cooking which is amazing.

Any thoughts?
kfergiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 11:55 PM   #2

Getting rid of our microwave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfergiez View Post
We have a very small travel trailer a Coachmen Apex Nano 193 BHS. We rarely use hookups, and we boondock most of the time. Even when we DO use hookups, we rarely use the microwave.

I had some ideas about this.
  • Install propane oven
  • Install Drawers
  • Leave well enough alone

For those of you that have a propane oven, how do you like it? Is it worth it? Right now we use a dutch oven for most of our camp cooking which is amazing.

Any thoughts?

I hardly qualify to give advice but that never stops anyone...

Is this your forever camper? If not, if you take it out think what another person would prefer there i.e. make it a temporary job. Make a cabinet face to insert into that space which can be easily removed. Doors or drawers, which ever you prefer here.

We have a propane stove in our 5er but I prefer an induction cook top with propane as my back up, yes I do the cooking. DW prefers propane so we are not about to get rid of it but also likes the PIC, the micro and the convection oven.

No real advice other than consider whether this the forever and what would help the trade in, resell market.

As a novice Glamper, it still applies.
RobertDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 11:53 AM   #3

I would say that yes... this is our 10+ year camper. Who knows what we’ll be into down the line, but we prefer a more rugged camping experience.

We have two small children so this camper is perfect for us instead of tents. I’m loving it and the plan is to graduate our girls into tents and backpacking when they get older, but I sure LOVE the convenience and comfort of this trailer.
kfergiez is offline   Reply With Quote