Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2014, 11:04 PM   #1
Bea & Matt

Getting the keys

Greetings and a question. How long should it take from the time the motor coach arrives at dealer to do their inspection and detailing and our run through before they hand over keys? Ours came in on Friday and they are saying maybe Wednesday evening. Trying to hold my horses, but... It is just sitting right now. Friday was our third arrival date. We were told to go in Saturday, so complied ( pouring rain) and do our little look and talk to the finance guy. Tonight they call and when I asked where we were in the process, he didn't know. We were scheduled to do another something tonight, but they decided we didn't need to come over. Tomorrow we are suppose to call after our 8 am appointment is over to find out where the coach is in process. Husband has day off so would be nice to get it done. There may be nothing wrong with their time frame, but calling to tell us they don't know anything is odd. Excited and deflated...hope service department is better than sales. Hopefully official happy owner pictures to follow. Big time newbies.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:04 AM   #2
Always Learning

I'd say a week is fair- especially in the busy spring/summer.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:27 AM   #3

X2 on a week being a reasonable time to prep your motor coach. Remember, yours is probably not the only unit they have to get ready this time of year.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:34 AM   #4

X3 a week. I understand the excitement/deflated emotions. Our dealer is 5mins away and when our TT arrived on the lot we had to look at it every day for a week before we did the pdi and took possession. Just keep a smile on your face with anticipation.
Steelframer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:49 AM   #5
Average Joe

Ours was a week. I told them to take their time and I was in no hurry. Figured they'd do a better job... I think it worked.

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:15 PM   #6
Bea & Matt

The store surprised us with our ready to go Georgetown last wk and had people lined up to help us with the training. We spent our first week at a wonderful county camp 3 miles from home so we could camp and shuttle everything we needed. Wonderful times. The coach will work very well for our purposes.
Beatrice is offline   Reply With Quote