Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2008, 01:47 PM   #1

Gettysburg campgrounds

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this.
Any recommendations on campgrounds in Gettysburg?
How is late April in that area?
How is mid August?

We are considering the following (based on internet sources):
Drummer Boy
Battlefield KOA
Granite Hill
Artillery Ridge
Round Top

Thanks in advance for your help!

JeBa
JeBa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:17 PM   #2

There are a few camp grounds to chose from, DRUMMER BOY, on R116 then there is a KOA on the same road headed into Gettysburg, then there is GETTYBURG camp ground just down from the KOA. Then there is ROUND TOP camp ground just off of RT15 South from RT116, Then there is GRANITE HILLS, If I am not mistaken it is also off of RT116 as well but more North of Gettysburg. And then there is Gettysburg Farms, but I am not sure of the location other then Gettysburg of course!!!!!!! I live about 40 mins from Gettysburg and have camped in all but the KOA and GETTYSBURG camp grounds. I like DRUMMER BOY and GRANITE HILLS, my 3rd choice would be ROUND TOP. Hope this helps. You may what to go on line and check the hole area. Good luck.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 12:27 PM   #3

We camped at Durmmerboy, and it is a very nice campground. We went there in Aug. of 2006. They added a new "water park" and I think they charge extra for it, I want to say $5.00 or somethng like that, It is a per day charge. The campground is a little noisy because it is kinnda close to the main road, Expecially If you get a site by the road then just be ready for loud traffic noise. It is close to the battefields and they offer a goast tour into Getttysburgh, the charge for this tour is cheaper than if you were to go buy it in Gettysburgh. O verall, we had a great time there.
2004 Chev.Avalanche
Stelrs59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelrs59 View Post
We camped at Durmmerboy, and it is a very nice campground. We went there in Aug. of 2006. They added a new "water park" and I think they charge extra for it, I want to say $5.00 or somethng like that, It is a per day charge. The campground is a little noisy because it is kinnda close to the main road, Expecially If you get a site by the road then just be ready for loud traffic noise. It is close to the battefields and they offer a goast tour into Getttysburgh, the charge for this tour is cheaper than if you were to go buy it in Gettysburgh. O verall, we had a great time there.
Yes, Drummer Boy sets right on RT15. It is noisey if you are in sites 1 though 35. If you pic a site right at or past the Fishing Pond it alot better. The last time when we where there, Drummer Boy had 294 sites total. Drummer Boy is located 1 mile East of Gettysburg.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:47 PM   #5

Anybody have any opinions on what are the best full hook up sites at the Gettysburg KOA?
We don't have dogs, so we'd probably want to stay away from the dog walk/park area.

thanks,

Jefff
Old 01-04-2009, 09:05 AM   #6

I wish I could help you with that, the Gettysburg and KOA camp grounds are the only two areas I have not stayed in. They are not far from each other. If you are heading to Gettysburg on rout 116 I think it's from the South the KOA is on your right and Gettysburg camp ground is on your left just up the road. If I can found anything out for you I will let you know mean while another member may know but has not viewed your post yet.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:49 AM   #7

We stayed there and had a deluxe site (11c) very nice site somewhat private, there is a road that runs in back of the site but it wasn't to bad traffic wise and it was bike week when we stay so traffic was heavier then it usually is, the campground itself isn't to bad very friendly staff they'll even take you to your campsite when you arrive, the dog park is there at the entrance and is very nice if you have pets. Gettysburg and the battlefields is about 10 minutes from there with the traffic. We usually stay there or at Gettysburg campground for a quick getaway with the grandkids if they have a opening (we only live about 35 min. away) they do fill up quickly when they are having somethings special going on in Gettysburg itself (like bike week).
cma659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:59 AM   #8

The site map for Gettysburg Campground shows that alot of their deluxe sights are right on Marsh Creek.
Since we'll be going there in April, I was wondering if these sites or the entire campground is prone to flooding.

Rockwood, thanks for the offer for campground site info at the KOA, it would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff