Old 03-15-2010, 08:35 AM   #11
Site Team

KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:29 AM   #12
There are places on the West side that will accomodate you very nicely. Apgar & Fish Creek have plenty of room. But as someone else mentioned, if you're comming from the East side you can't use the Going to the Sun road to get from East to'll have to go around to the south. See my signature for my vehicle sizes (43' truck & TT total)...and I have plenty of room in most sites at either of those campgrounds. There typically isn't as much trouble getting a site in either one of those campgrounds, yet last year they were actually filling up a bit more than usual. Go to the site, go to Galcier Park, and look at detailed camping information to see a lot of info on site lengths (a bit misleading...the sites are more accomodating than they say), and times that things have traditionally filled up. BTW I'm a local...20 min. away from the main gate at Apgar...enjoy your trip!

2003 Ford F150 SuperCrew-5.4 Triton
2003 Wildwood 23BHLE

froale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:12 AM   #13
Glacier Camping

We are also from Alberta, and going to Glacier/Waterton is our favorite place.

I think you will really like Many Glacier. It can accomadate your rig in many sites.

The place is awsome, great scenery, hikes, wildlife, it is Gods Country.

Also of note is the shuttle service. They now have a shuttle service from/to Many Glacier to other points in the park, ie Going to the Sun Road. We like to take those hiking, use one shuttle to get there and have it pick us up at a different spot.

rdjensen is offline   Reply With Quote