Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2016, 09:34 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signguy71 View Post
X2
X3
bentbev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 10:17 PM   #42

If it can be eaten off of a paper plate it is, otherwise we use regular dinnerware. If it can be eaten with a plastic utensil, it is, otherwise we use the real silverware. I definitely use real mugs for coffee, (they match our color scheme) but most of the time it's those red or yellow plastic cups. Also, glassware for cocktails. I think the dishes are Correlware, but I'm not sure; that's my wife's department. But whatever it is, it is going to be changed out, and for a simple but annoying reason: when I put pressure on the side of the plate, as in cutting a piece of meat, the plate wants to flip up. Never seen this before, but they're going... As far as breakage, all we do is put away normally like at home, but we do have that no-skid rubber stuff in all cupboards and drawers. From what I understand, if you have a rear kitchen, and I'm not putting them down, you need to go a little extra for glassware.
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 06:34 AM   #43

Pack reg coffee mugs well in kitchen towel, coffee tastes better in real mug. Use old set of Corelle, for the rough trips, place cheap paper plates between the plates. Use the paper plates when grilling or outside kitchen. DW picked up wicker basket pape plate holders that work great, so there is always a fresh plate between the Corelle. Use a couple of paper towels folded for the crock pot glass lid which rides well on the pot.
Days camped in FR 2011-12 = 77, 13-14 = 98, 15-16 = 129
17 = 81, 18 = 44, 19 = 83, 20= 45, 21 = 76, 22 = 57, 23 = 42
Retired :
satdog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 06:58 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeakysteph View Post
We use melamine--just like the old but new and updated. Lightweight & sturdy.
We use mostly plastic and paper. We bought a set of rv themed melamine and they are pretty cool, but not approved for microwave or really hot foods. Melamine leeches some chemical when hot.

Sent from my 9020A using Tapatalk
2012:1042/13 2013:2772/27
2014:2259/30 2015:1644/20
2016:1278/23 2017:2183/22
indybp57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 08:39 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocking View Post
Corelle Livingware, almost unbreakable.
Same here...and stacked no differently than at home !
Rear kitchen TT on our 3rd season...no problems !
***3rd GENERATION EGG FARMER***
***WHO MADE YOUR EGGS TODAY ?
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 05:00 PM   #46

I only wash the dishes once a day to save water, so we carry 6-8 place settings. We use melamine plates and bowls. Pottery mugs for coffee, and plastic wine glasses-only because I tend to knock them over a lot. We always have stainless steel water bottles but have some small Ikea plastic drinking glasses for grand kids. 2 Pyrex bowls with lids to heat things in the microwave. They seem to stay put on the non slip rubber liner. Regular cutlery, none that actually match. I don't like to use plastic cutlery or paper plates, so I just don't buy them. We store the dishes in a top cupboard stacked vertically in an Ikea dish draining rack (from Kitchen dept, not Marketplace). It holds a lot of low profile plates and would be great for corelle dishes also. My only indulgence is the stainless steel french coffee press, didn't want to worry about breaking a glass one and missing my morning cup.
damann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 05:22 PM   #47

We use my deceased mother in law's fine China. We already had our own set, resale is horrible so we put the set in the trailer. We use the tea cups for shot glasses. We have to hand wash anyways so why not. I see no sense in not using the good dishes for friends and family. Mother would be proud.
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 07:43 PM   #48

I have actual chinaware as well as paper and plastic in my camper. I use a square of bubble wrap as a bumper/pad between the china plates and dishes while they are in the cupboard. Disposable has its place in my camping, but not every trip, especially if it is a short trip or I have full hookup so washing dishes is not an issue. I also use a layer of bubble wrap between my pots/pans so they are not scratching/banging into each other while in transit. Shelf liner (the sort of spongy kind) will give the same protection as bubble wrap for dishes, pots, etc.
kittlecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 09:03 PM   #49
MCTroy

I use a combination of stoneware dinnerware and fiesta dishes. Basically the same as when we are home.. We want the TT to be as comfy as home and we dislike a good meal on a soggy paper plate. And I try not to use much paper products and generate trash. Nothing has ever broken from traveling. We also have a full mini bar and no glasses have gotten broken. I keep some well sizes boxes and packing material to use when we tow.
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 10:23 PM   #50

Dishes

We too use Corelle dishes which seems to be popular with many others!
We use real flat ware and mugs for coffee.Our dishes are all stacked in small piles on the heavy type of web shelf liner.I used to put those really thin paper plates in between but have not done this in a couple of years and nothing moves.I pack the mugs with that mesh material around each one and secure with a rubber band and make sure that cupboard is packed snugly with coffee pot etc.( small cupboard above sink area) We do use paper plates for a quick lunch or breakfast and also when on a long trip and stopping for lunch.
sunseekercamper56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 08:16 AM   #51
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
Same here,

We have been over many a road that throws stuff around and the only broken things we have ever had, we broke ourselves.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 09:13 AM   #52

Plastic! I hate washing dishes.
breezyhillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 01:22 PM   #53

x2 on Corelle. Our glasses are mostly acrylic. I built holders for the dishes and glasses in the cabinets. We use paper for some meals (sandwiches, salads) but like to have real dishes for the evening meal. SS silverware for every meal. Corelle bowls for the dogs dishes also - I have numerous dogs and buying paper bowls gets expensive and generates a lot of trash. In a few minutes time I can have the dishes washed and dried and ready for the next meal. No breakage so far (fingers crossed) - Cincia

Chevy Express 3500 van
Palomino Solaire 251RBSS
Wherever you go, go with all your heart.
cincia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 06:31 PM   #54
Learning a lot as I go...

Quote:
Yeah... almost:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...rv-117587.html
Old 09-08-2016, 09:43 AM   #55

I bought some nice Tommy Bahama melamine plates that look like ceramic, at Home Goods. For quick lunches while on the road at rest stops I use paper plates for sandwiches.

Plastic wine glasses in the evening.

Home depot travel coffee mugs in the morning with breakfast.
ToniandSal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 09:50 AM   #56

I do not use metal silverware in our MH. I don't feel it gets clean enough hand washing. That's just me. So, I buy the nice heavy duty plastic box full of it at Costco.
ToniandSal is offline   Reply With Quote