Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2019, 10:46 PM   #41

I use this. Works well bet slow
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N56OXQC..._a1mBCbP5B7WKQ
EricNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 11:59 PM   #42
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricNJ View Post
I had the previous version of that...

Worked well for awhile on up to 65 PSI tires...couldn't handle the 80 or 110 PSI tires.

Went through three of them under warranty and the last one just died.

Threw it in the trash and didn't bother trying to get it exchanged again.
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 05:17 PM   #43

My husband and i are planning a similar trip with a 21 ft TT. We are planning on leaving from Lexington KY mid-April and spending 6 weeks on the road. We've never gone this far or spent this long on the road. We tow a Forest River mini-lite with a Dodge Durango but have never gone up mountains so steep. We plan on heading to Texas and following a southern route because of the early date.
Mwaxham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 05:39 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy B View Post
Are any of you carrying compressors that will deal with the 85 - 100 psi pressures on the 19.5 tires on motor homes? My 30 year old 120 a/c one is giving up the ghost and was wondering if a 12 volt could do the job.
I also highly recommend the ViAir compressors. I have one of the Automatic Deployment models and use it quite a bit. Have had it it for 2 years and it works like new. I even use it in combination with a pressure regulator to winterize the trailer.
Old 03-06-2019, 05:56 PM   #45

Sounds like a great trip. We did Yellowstone last summer (from MN). A couple of tips about YS.

Before you go, I would buy the book "Yellowstone expedition guide" by travel brains. Its kind of pricey but I found a used copy online that was about half of the new price. It was a great resource book. It has a lot of maps in it that show the layout of different areas (inclucing parking, distances from one area to another, points of interest, etc.). It divides the park into sections and each chapter describes one section. We took this book with us on the trip and used it extensively while we were there to help us get around and determine where we wanted to go each day. I highly recommend this book (I bought and read a bunch of yellowstone books before we went and if you only bought one book I would recommend this one).

The other suggestion I have is to download the "gypsy guide" driving app onto your phone. You pay for the app for the park you are going into (they aren't very expensive - about $7 for the Yellowstone one). Once you get into the park they have some system set up where something pings your phone and then it plays audio through your speakers (with a cable attaching your phone to the aux input on your radio) for the places you are driving by. We found it well worth the money. The narration will give you tips such as, "grand prismatic spring is coming up in X miles", it tells you where to look for the exit to parking, whether the point of interest is a must see (or if you might want to skip it, etc.), how long it might take you at that sight, etc. You don't need to have a cell signal to get the audio (although we did have it drop out a couple of times but it came right back)(also it eats up battery power so we had a phone plugged in all the time while we used this).

Have fun!

Chevy Express 3500 van
Palomino Solaire 251RBSS
Wherever you go, go with all your heart.
cincia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 06:13 PM   #46

I enjoy Yellowstone and the Tetons, no matter how many times I go I always see something different. I tell people just go
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 10:42 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincia View Post
Sounds like a great trip. We did Yellowstone last summer (from MN). A couple of tips about YS.

Before you go, I would buy the book "Yellowstone expedition guide" by travel brains. Its kind of pricey but I found a used copy online that was about half of the new price. It was a great resource book. It has a lot of maps in it that show the layout of different areas (inclucing parking, distances from one area to another, points of interest, etc.). It divides the park into sections and each chapter describes one section. We took this book with us on the trip and used it extensively while we were there to help us get around and determine where we wanted to go each day. I highly recommend this book (I bought and read a bunch of yellowstone books before we went and if you only bought one book I would recommend this one).

The other suggestion I have is to download the "gypsy guide" driving app onto your phone. You pay for the app for the park you are going into (they aren't very expensive - about $7 for the Yellowstone one). Once you get into the park they have some system set up where something pings your phone and then it plays audio through your speakers (with a cable attaching your phone to the aux input on your radio) for the places you are driving by. We found it well worth the money. The narration will give you tips such as, "grand prismatic spring is coming up in X miles", it tells you where to look for the exit to parking, whether the point of interest is a must see (or if you might want to skip it, etc.), how long it might take you at that sight, etc. You don't need to have a cell signal to get the audio (although we did have it drop out a couple of times but it came right back)(also it eats up battery power so we had a phone plugged in all the time while we used this).

Have fun!
Thanks for the suggestion for book and the app. We will definitely look into both.
LambPen-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 10:20 PM   #48

Just an update, we did our first trip this last weekend to Brookville Mounds State Park in Southeastern Indiana as our shakedown trip before heading west in 18 days. Have done a lot of prep to both the TV and the 2306. Discovered a few minor items yet to do but should be able to complete them before the big trip. Will try to post a few photos later this week.
Old 05-25-2019, 04:12 PM   #49

Well we are on our way to Yellowstone and beyond. First photo is at home just before heading out on the road. Second photo is first night’s campground in Illinois. The third photo is at second night’s campground in Iowa. So far so good!
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4757.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	431.2 KB
ID:	205464Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4759.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	529.4 KB
ID:	205465Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0051.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	441.8 KB
ID:	205466
Old 05-27-2019, 09:51 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambPen-1 View Post
Well we are on our way to Yellowstone and beyond. First photo is at home just before heading out on the road. Second photo is first night’s campground in Illinois. The third photo is at second night’s campground in Iowa. So far so good!
Attachment 205464Attachment 205465Attachment 205466

Nights three and four in South Dakota and Wyoming saw lots of rain both while driving and setting up camp. We drive through Cody Wyoming then to the East Entrance of Yellowstone. We will drive through the park on the South Loop then out the West Entrance to our camp found outside West Yellowstone. Looking forward to finally getting there.
Old 05-29-2019, 08:17 AM   #51

Going over the mountains after leaving Cody Wyoming, DW was not having a good ride!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8340.jpeg
Views:	87
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	205796Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8343.jpeg
Views:	90
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	205797Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8344.jpeg
Views:	89
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	205798
Old 05-29-2019, 08:22 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambPen-1 View Post
Going over the mountains after leaving Cody Wyoming, DW was not having a good ride!Attachment 205796Attachment 205797Attachment 205798

But the views once passed the snow storm...Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4769.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	288.2 KB
ID:	205799Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4767.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	313.6 KB
ID:	205800

And looking out our window from our campsite made it worthwhile...Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4771.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	296.5 KB
ID:	205801Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4773.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	305.8 KB
ID:	205802
Old 05-29-2019, 08:41 PM   #53

We are in Texas on our way there. How long did you have to drive in the snow?
2016 Micro Lite 25DKS (sold)
rmillermtsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 10:54 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmillermtsu View Post
We are in Texas on our way there. How long did you have to drive in the snow?

About an hour and a half going over the mountains just outside Cody WY. But they were on it with 4 snow plows going back and forth to clear the snow as it was coming down. Safe travels.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:12 PM   #55

Last night in Yellowstone area. Seen lots of beautiful scenery and loads of animals! Bears, elk, beavers, Moose, prong horn and of course bison. Here are a few photos. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5248.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	371.5 KB
ID:	206608Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5249.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	339.0 KB
ID:	206609Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5136.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	465.7 KB
ID:	206610Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5250.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	421.4 KB
ID:	206611Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5037.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	389.0 KB
ID:	206612
Old 06-07-2019, 01:03 AM   #56

LambPen-1 Many thanks for posting your photos of your visit to Yellowstone. We have visited numerous times and are always fascinated by the diversity of wildlife there and at Grand Teton NP. Last summer we saw a Momma black bear with three tiny cubs who could not have been more than a few weeks old. Precious. The Park Rangers were at their wits' end trying to keep tourists from approaching the cubs to get a "close up" picture!! Some even wanted to put their small children down on the ground next to the cubs!!!
Jakieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 07:43 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakie-Boy View Post
LambPen-1 Many thanks for posting your photos of your visit to Yellowstone. We have visited numerous times and are always fascinated by the diversity of wildlife there and at Grand Teton NP. Last summer we saw a Momma black bear with three tiny cubs who could not have been more than a few weeks old. Precious. The Park Rangers were at their wits' end trying to keep tourists from approaching the cubs to get a "close up" picture!! Some even wanted to put their small children down on the ground next to the cubs!!!

We were awestruck by the diversity of landscapes and wildlife. But really disappointed with the shear stupidity of some people who were putting themselves and or their small children in extremely dangerous situations just to get a selfie with an animal or a 600 foot drop. DW and I just had to walk away from a few situations after expressing our concerns. But the beauty of God’s creation made the trip a very memorable one and we plan to go back again.