Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2016, 09:05 AM   #1

Golf Cart

Most camp sites now have golf carts for rent. I used to rent alot until we bought our own golf cart. So, here is the question of the day. I'm headed to Myrtle Beach in a couple of weeks to the American Heart Association Horse Ride on the Beach. Lake Campwood rents golf carts. No personal Golf Carts or Rental Golf Carts from outside Lakewood Camping Resort are allowed. The say no golf carts allowed you can rent theres. If you travel with your golf cart what do you do? I bought a XLR Thunderbolt just to haul our golf cart. We carry our golf cart everywhere we go.

So, Do you rent or do you use your own cart. Do you take a chance? The wife is disabled can't walk very far so I have golf cart for her to get around. I really don't understand why I should have to pay for something I already have. Have any of you run into this and did you take the gamble and used your own cart?

On top of that I have it insured, with all the bells and whisles such as lights, brake lights, horn, reflectors. Everything required for me to have a Town of Winterville Permit. So, its legal.

thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2257.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	344.7 KB
ID:	123756  
Tim Coltrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 09:09 AM   #2

Take your cart the most they can say is leave it in the trailer. I have never camped in a place that had golf carts for rent, that is new to me.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 09:29 AM   #3

Camp site Notes

Here is the camp site notations:

Name:	Lakewood Camping.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	123757
Old 10-24-2016, 09:38 AM   #4
2016 Rockwood 8325SS

That pretty well takes care of the golf cart. Their resort, their rules. If you do not like the rules stay somewhere else. Leave the cart on your unit and play by the rules, and rent theirs, if not go elsewhere. No one is forcing you to stay there.
Barstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 09:39 AM   #5

Seems pretty plain,Their CG Their Rules! Youroo!!
Old 10-24-2016, 09:51 AM   #6
Always Learning

Are you a fulltimer and have no where to leave the cart? Or, are you just mad that they're making you rent a cart when you already own one?

The rules seem pretty clear- your cart isn't welcome.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:13 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Coltrain View Post
Most camp sites now have golf carts for rent.
Are you sure most do?

In all the "camp sites" I've used, no golf carts were available to rent.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 11:25 AM   #8

Is it street legal in your town only or street legal in NC? If it is street legal in nc,get a plate for it and then it becomes a licencesed motor vehical that you can run ANYWHERE.If your wife has a state handicaped permit I think you could run it anyway.The ADA might have a policy re that. I know in Ohio state parks golf carts are not allowed,but when we hang my disability placard on it ,the ADA says they must let me run it there since it is the same as a motorized wheel chair or cart.I have never had a confrontation with a park ranger in Ohio,they just wave and otherwise ignore me.
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 11:42 AM   #9
Insert witty title here

The only campground that I've visited that had golf cart rentals was Ft Wilderness at Walt Disney World, Orlando.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 11:52 AM   #10
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbomax View Post
Is it street legal in your town only or street legal in NC? If it is street legal in nc,get a plate for it and then it becomes a licencesed motor vehical that you can run ANYWHERE.If your wife has a state handicaped permit I think you could run it anyway.The ADA might have a policy re that. I know in Ohio state parks golf carts are not allowed,but when we hang my disability placard on it ,the ADA says they must let me run it there since it is the same as a motorized wheel chair or cart.I have never had a confrontation with a park ranger in Ohio,they just wave and otherwise ignore me.
This is not entirely true. I have a fully licensed cart and you CAN'T go just anywhere. Plated carts (in OH and many states that I've been to) are restricted incorporated roads that are 35mph or less. Also, the city can have a no cart policy. As of Jan 1, 2017, golf carts will become legal state wide on public roads unless a corporation had a no cart policy in place prior to the cutoff date. I also had a handicap placard for my MIL at a campground and it was still not accepted.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 11:57 AM   #11

The "Private CG" where we have the "Tadpole Frog Rally" has rental GC they also ALLOW you to bring your own,Drivers Must have a Current DL! Youroo!!
Old 10-24-2016, 12:21 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
This is not entirely true. I have a fully licensed cart and you CAN'T go just anywhere. Plated carts (in OH and many states that I've been to) are restricted incorporated roads that are 35mph or less. Also, the city can have a no cart policy. As of Jan 1, 2017, golf carts will become legal state wide on public roads unless a corporation had a no cart policy in place prior to the cutoff date. I also had a handicap placard for my MIL at a campground and it was still not accepted.
In Mi they cant be run on state or fed highways,everything else is fair game,but I see handicap 3 and 4 wheelers (electric) running down the shoulder on US 131 up here.Ive never bothered to check that in ohio because we never leave the park with it.Now you have me wondering exactly what the ADA definition is because it has always been my thought that by law a bussiness must comply to ADA rules.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:22 PM   #13

Golf Cart Not Mad

If you are a camper that travels with your stuff everywhere you go I was simply asking that our camper is a garage, which is our bedroom and dinner table set up. We travel with our golf cart all over. So, I recon what I'll end up doing is taking my cart off and see who barks because i took it off my camper. I just didn't know if anyone else had experienced this with any other camp sites across the Globe. As far as staying some where I have stayed here at this camp site for several years. I only bought the golf cart at Easter of this year. So this has not been an issue for me until now. The Lakewood Camp Site in Myrtle Beach host the Jack Monroe Horse ride on the Beach every year to support the American Red Cross. The good news I support the American Red Cross, and I teach the American Red Cross and I love Horses so there will be about 1300 horse on the beach that weekend.

35th Annual American Heart
Association Beach Ride
Wednesday, November 9th to Sunday, November 13th, 2016
Lakewood Camping Resort, Myrtle Beach, SC
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	123775  
Old 10-24-2016, 12:32 PM   #14

When we are traveling the cart is in the TH garage.We un load it all the time since I need the loading ramp as an entrance ramp for the trailer.When we are home its my transportation around the farm and is pulled into the back porch.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:42 PM   #15
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

We've camped with ours at CGs that didn't allow and have had it on a trailer. I've unloaded from the trailer so that I could move the trailer and left the cart parked. Of course they came around and complained that I had it out, but once they knew the circumstance of why, they left me alone.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 11:01 PM   #16

I'd avoid places that had such silly and greedy restrictions. With that said, if you must stay in a place like that consider getting a Double Joyrider bicycle Trailmate Double Joyrider Tricycle : Adult Tricycles

It would be very easy to add an electric motor to one to assist the both of you getting around the campground. I have a single seat Joyrider that I added a small 49cc fourstroke motor to and it is a blast to ride but electric would be more discrete.

Good luck!
Skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote