Old 04-19-2015, 11:32 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
That is a nice looking cart and very Happy Looking DW. How do you haul this with the Rockwood?
I don't, Be nice if I could. I guess that's why they make Toy Haulers. Our Town allows golf carts on the side streets where the speed is 25 or under. We only have one main road going through Town That speed limit is 35 and is highway #58. You can cross at any intersection but can't drive on 58 itself. She go's visiting friends and down to the lake with it and shopping sometimes. We take it when we go out to eat and the weather is nice.

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 12:18 PM   #12
Done with this

When we get to the CG, I never start the TV until we leave to come home. We take the cart everywhere. I have an enclosure for when the weather is nasty.

I'm a little too truthful, I guess.
Y'all have fun in "Fantasy Land".
4mula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 01:35 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
I know of NO State Parks that allow personal Carts. Also Most parks have a (Drivers Licence Requirement) No Kids! Carts are handy and sometimes Needed BUT most are NOT a (Good $ Investment)!Also some parks Don't allow Gas Carts! Youroo!!
Here is a state for you that you can use them at there State Parks in Kentucky and some in Virginia: Rules and regulations below

(7) If the camper has a permit, a golf cart may be used on a state park campground.

(a) A person may purchase a golf cart permit at the campground store or another location designated by the park manager for twenty-five (25) dollars, and the permit shall be valid for seven (7) consecutive days.

(b) A person may purchase an annual golf cart permit at the campground store or another location designated by the park manager for $100 and the permit shall be valid April 1 through October 31.

(c) Each permit shall be displayed prominently on the golf cart in a location designated by the park manager.

(d) A golf cart shall not be parked or left in a no-parking zone, a prohibited area, or in an area that would block traffic.... and drive all day if that is what a person wants to do.....
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:59 PM   #14

South Carolina allows carts at certain parks (must call and confirm ) or disabled. Restrictions apply but varies from park to park.
richard rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:08 PM   #15
Site Team

Ok guys let's get back on topic. OP is asking what to look for in resale value of a hold cart, not where can he use them.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:13 PM   #16

As many have stated above there are many places across the US that only allow battery operated golf carts. One thing to remember is the weight of towing the golf cart. I personally have 2 electric and 2 gas carts. I like things about both types. Gas are convenient and electric require a way to charge them but make much less noise. Good luck with the decision. Walking is a great option as well.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:40 PM   #17

We bought a great used cart from a dealer with new batteries for about $3200 (with tax) was from a golf course in New England (shorter seasons)..... The cart was about $1800 options were a new body, lights, long roof, rear flip seat, SS hub caps, windshield. Bought it is 2010 in NC could get nearly all our money back if we wanted to sell, but what was our main consideration is it cost $50 a day to rent a cart where we go. Our payoff savings was in the first year & a half. The campground also sells their used carts for the same money but they can be run year round & at the ocean......... (they have hundreds of rental carts)

Club cars have alum. frames which is nice.

When you visit a 300 acre campground on the beach a cart is nice to carry all the kids stuff...........

We just got the basics but the sky is the limit for options......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	beach2013 096.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	498.4 KB
ID:	74761  

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:08 AM   #18
Team Bleu

Florida would be where I purchase from. Found a all tricked out one for 6,000.00, most where 2,000.00 and under. Some really good used ones out there too
Old 04-21-2015, 10:22 AM   #19

If you might be looking to get a limo version (3 seater) anyways, you might want to consider that option now. A lot of times you can find one as cheap as the regular ones because they aren't in as high a demand. At least here in the Northeast. You could then do as you want with it and not have to worry about replacing a regular one and starting over with the mods and upgrades.