Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2018, 07:07 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFX450RXC View Post
I can't imagine Fort Wilderness without a golf cart. Its the only way to go.
I can. I hate the carts at Disney. We use our bikes, and we are 60 years old. Most of the folks camping st Ft. Wilderness rent the golf carts rather than bringing their own.

On a different note, a lady in The Villages, FL was killed last fall when she was hit by a lady driving a golf cart. They aren’t toys.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:12 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
Ocean Lakes requires insurance and a drivers licence. Zero tolerance $100 fine if underage driver is caught and loss of golf cart usage

Ours: With 300 acres and a mile of ocean front we aren't getting any younger.

Is this campground resort in Myrtle Beach? If it is the one I am looking at on the web it looks very nice. When is a good time to stay there, we are not into using the beach just like to look and regular tourist stuff.
thanks
John
Having lots of Fun traveling with my wife
old40ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:13 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarFish View Post
Golf carts can only be used in Indiana State Parks if you have a Handicap permit, otherwise not allowed except for works and Camp ground Host!
That would be a good idea for me, as I am disabled and can't walk for very long. Also can't run from dogs or angry husbands.
Having lots of Fun traveling with my wife
old40ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:13 AM   #84

Most of the Alabama State parks don't allow them, which is why we would rather stay there than a private owned CG. The kids riding them are the biggest problem. Unsupervised kids just out riding. Not for me I don't care for them. Just my opinion.
blue hen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:18 AM   #85
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvs2Camp View Post
My biggest problem with the golf carts going around the campground is that the people on them believe that you want to listen to their music for about 8 to 10 seconds as they pass by your campsite. This is very annoying to us and we refuse to stay and campgrounds that allow golf carts.
I've been a seasonal at 3 separate campgrounds that allow golf carts and I've only ever seen (or I guess heard) one single cart that had a radio in it. Other than that, I've never heard any music coming from any of them.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:18 AM   #86
I Break Everything

If it hasn't been mentioned, and you don't really like golf carts...don't go to Ocean Lakes in South Carolina, Myrtle Beach.

2015 Georgetown Forest River 351DS Class A
2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB 5th Wheel
2007 Jay Flight 30.5RLS 5th Wheel
2006 Jay Flight 29BHS TT
mikel68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:29 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue hen View Post
Most of the Alabama State parks don't allow them, which is why we would rather stay there than a private owned CG. The kids riding them are the biggest problem. Unsupervised kids just out riding. Not for me I don't care for them. Just my opinion.
X2 that is my complaint about golf carts and why some drivers insist I listen to there loud music and flicking their cigarette butts on the road It really just a matter of being responsible and considerate something that some people just don't get.
TST 507 TPMS
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30X
Ejs4029 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:55 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejs4029 View Post
X2 that is my complaint about golf carts and why some drivers insist I listen to there loud music and flicking their cigarette butts on the road It really just a matter of being responsible and considerate something that some people just don't get.
I have seen many people walking tossing cigarette butts on the ground. It's more of the mentally of someone to do so. Clean up after your bad habits.
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:14 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by old40ford View Post
Is this campground resort in Myrtle Beach? If it is the one I am looking at on the web it looks very nice. When is a good time to stay there, we are not into using the beach just like to look and regular tourist stuff.

thanks

John

Ocean Lakes is a very nice campground, no motorcycles allowed. If you plan to go anytime between Memorial Day and Labor Day in 2019 the best time to make reservations is now. We go mostly in winter and early spring. We normally wait until Crabby Mike’s opens up, it’s a seafood buffet. In the summer months Ocean Lakes have Fort Wilderness campground prices and have a four night minimum
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:31 PM   #90
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

My cart is licensed and street legal as well as insured the same as an automobile. I won't let anyone without a DL to get behind the wheel, same a car. It has a booming stereo, but you won't hear it in a campground. (Goshen, maybe ). It also has an ashtray so butts are not thrown on the ground. It's also electric, so it's very quiet. There are responsible people out there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10360443_1609957919292180_5118611195874125091_n.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	178963  
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:33 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by old40ford View Post
thanks
John
Yes south of Myrtle Beach, truly Surfside Beach but most just call the whole area Myrtle Beach.

Best time to go is while kids are in school, the last 3 weekends in Oct. are crowded due to 3 Halloween weekends. We like Sept through October and Spring to Memorial Day. Easter week is also crowded. It is big though 800 plus campsites and 2500 permanent sites (campers and mostly houses.)
We enjoy Thanksgiving week but the weather is a roll of the dice.

As far as the beach there is a large observation platform that you can go up on (ramp access on one end)

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:48 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
My cart is licensed and street legal as well as insured the same as an automobile. I won't let anyone without a DL to get behind the wheel, same a car. It has a booming stereo, but you won't hear it in a campground. (Goshen, maybe ). It also has an ashtray so butts are not thrown on the ground. It's also electric, so it's very quiet. There are responsible people out there.
X2
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 06:14 PM   #93

Golf carts are definitely a thing at Disney World Fort Wilderness

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 07:38 PM   #94

I've read just about all the posts in this thread and it seems to me that the complaints I've read about, with the exception of kids driving carts around, are things that can be and are done by people driving regular vehicles or even walking. I don't mean to offend anyone by driving my cart around in a campground. Although it's gas, it is much more quiet than most other street vehicles. It don't drive around late at night or early in the morning. I keep the speed down, and I don't even turn on my stereo. I'm certain that if I were driving my truck around even to run a "legitimate" errand, I would use much more gas than I ever do on my cart even if I'm just driving around for the fun of it. I've had a street legal cart in use now for about 10 years. No one has ever complained or acted as if they were offended by me driving it.

Don Williams a.k.a. librarian
Librarianwhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 07:50 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
There are responsible people out there.
Yes there are. Sadly the ones that are more noticable are the ones that aren't. They often have kids that behave just like their parents.
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote