Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2015, 10:50 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by old guys View Post
trbomax

Your mules sound great. If we are ever in your area and you are open to showing off your mules we would love to see them and hear their story. Especially if we have our grandson with us as mules are a rare thing to see here in Canada. We do have lots of people who are often referred to as stubborn mules although I have ben told real mules are not really that stubborn. Old Guys (Brian and Joanne)
Mules are not stubborn,they are extreemly smart. Way smarter than a horse,a much smoother ride,and will go further on a given day than most horses.
We are leaving for Manatoulin island monday am. We are gone a lot in the summer butwe like anyone that talks mules!
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 10:58 PM   #22

Our dog nearly got run over by a child in a golf cart. Now that campground requires all cart drivers to have a driver's license. Not a bad idea. We live on a lake where 10-year-olds used to be able to drive jet skis capable of 60 mph. That got fixed, too. We are all for kids having fun but there are too many irresponsible parents.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 06:10 AM   #23

How does a leashed dog almost get run over?
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 06:28 AM   #24

By an inexperienced driver. Our dog is always leashed when outside.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 06:40 AM   #25
Summer2Go

The campground we like in MD. checks to be sure liscenced drivers operate golf carts.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Summer2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 08:15 AM   #26

We are new seasonal campers but will pull the camper out on occasion to go to other campgrounds. We have a golf cart and love it. We take trips around the campground to meet some of the folks camped there. This past weekend was Christmas in July and there was a golf cart parade. Some were decorated with lights. Pretty neat after dark. There was also a fourth of July parade. They allow both gas and electric.
psrujak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 08:53 AM   #27

Noise levels on Newer G/Carts are the Same (Gas or Elec) when in (Original Golf Coarse Trim)! Now put some Age or Mods on either and they (Can) be Noisy thru the (Rear ends or Engines)! Add Stereo /Amps/ Speakers) and all bets are OFF! Golf Carts are Required to have (Insurance) just like any other Motor Vehicle,Hit something or someone and find out Real Quick! Youroo!! And We have a G/Cart
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 11:52 AM   #28

The Moose lodge at Indian Lake Ohio has a area just for golf carts to park. Street legal to drive on streets.
bigmac123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 01:01 PM   #29

I have a cart room it everywhere the first season we had it. Now I only take it to the bigger parks. I like being tucked away in the campground away from the crowd but still want to get to the amenities for the kids. A golf cart makes quick work of this. No need for speed or loud radios, just cruise along and get where we want to be. Actually used it a lot this past weekend in Cherrystone for our family reunion trip. I was pretty far from the rest of the family as they were cabins and I was full hook up trailer, we were carting each other where ever we needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
meck51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 01:12 PM   #30

We have mini scooters. Electric scooters with a seat. Takes up less room but still serves the purpose of mobility. Getting older and walking isn't great for my hubby. Bad ankle. I have bad knees. But these scooters have been fun and we can see the campground and visit with people easier.
Old 07-29-2015, 01:22 PM   #31

Another alternative form of transportation is this.

Electric Bike | Electric Bicycles | Pedego Electric Bikes

We had the opportunity to ride one of these and it is the best of both worlds! A 6 sped bike with an electric engine when you need to go UP that 6% grade

Other than the fact that they are electric, I have never really "gotten" why folks have golf carts (unless you are going to the golf course ) I'd rather be driving one of these babies! (and you can take it to town for groceries to boot!)

https://oreionmotors.com/
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 01:25 PM   #32
Old Ram Guy

I think just like everything these days, golf carts have a place as long as they are used correctly and by responsible adults. I know the beeping of a golf cart backing up always tends to annoy me after 11:00 PM or before 8:00 AM and watching a load of kids have a cart race around expensive RV's and trucks is just crazy. I think my single biggest problem with them is that it's usually CG employees that I see speeding on them!
Old 07-29-2015, 02:35 PM   #33

We got our electric scooters on Craigslist We didn't need new but they work great for us. Ours is similar
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scooter.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	84499  
Old 07-30-2015, 07:37 AM   #34
I Break Everything

It is becoming a little too much, I agree. Small campgrounds, seasonals, etc. and even the larger "resort" styles with kids just "cruising" to kill time kinda kills the family experience. I understand the need if there's a need, but just dragging all your stuff form your house and setting it up at your campsite like you're opening a mini-Cabellas under your awning is becoming a trending eyesore.

We've rented golf carts at these parks Fort Wilderness Disney and a couple of Gulf Coast rv parks in Texas for beach access. They do make things convenient when automobile parking around the property is limited like at Disney. Unfortunately golf carts coming to campgrounds doesn't look like it's going away. I try not to let it bother me too much.

2015 Georgetown Forest River 351DS Class A
2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB 5th Wheel
2007 Jay Flight 30.5RLS 5th Wheel
2006 Jay Flight 29BHS TT
mikel68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 08:10 AM   #35

We are all for golf carts but only use them at one campground. It is just plain fun to cruse around meeting new people & seeing what and how others campsites are set up........

Having said that when you are at a campground that is 310 acres and has nearly a mile of ocean front has nearly 900 camp sites and 2000 permanent beach houses it just makes sense. We bought our golf cart as at $300 a week to rent one, we paid for itself in less than 2 years. When your kids rent a house & it is a mile away inside the campground, when you carry tons of chairs etc to the beach, traveling and parking through the campground is just easier on a cart than a car.

Did I mention it is just fun to cruse ..........

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 08:24 AM   #36

But sometime a golf cart makes more sense than trying to drive a big duelly around a tight 300 acre campground. I realize this is not for everyone..........

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1923.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	349.2 KB
ID:	84540   Click image for larger version

Name:	beach201309 020.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	374.4 KB
ID:	84542  

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL