Old 11-20-2015, 06:11 PM   #11
The dealer is in Indianapolis IN. Picked the trailer up 11/19/15,
The two main reasons for taking the trailer in was inverter and or battery
not working and black tank rinse not installed was paid for at time of
purchase back in Jan. Now taking it back in Monday 11/23/15 so they can install the tank flush, they had it from 10/13/15 until 11/19/15 and only replaced the battery, my bad for not checking the flush but service manager said it was a brand new flush system and he put the manual in the trailer.
Stupid me neither was correct. I can't believe its this much trouble to get what we paid for. I will never trust anything they say again.
And yes it was brand new or sold as one to me. The service manager said
the dealership owned the trailer but would not give me the service record.

jertourrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 12:01 PM   #12
Originally Posted by jertourrider View Post
We purchased a new Toy hauler Jan this year and took it in for service
last month and while talking to the dealer today found out that work had
been done (or approved) the day before we picked it up. I asked
what had been done and the service manager said it was against the law
and could (or would) not tell me. Said they couldn't give me any information
about previous owner which he later said the dealer was the previous owner. Has anyone ran into this before.
Tell them you are asking for the service record not info on previous owner, because it was new there is no precious owner! Tell them you had not contacted FR for any work and you , now the owner, did not authorize any work so are now demanding to know what was done.

If they give you more crap call FR and ask them what, if any, work they had authorized. They should be able to tell you. Be sure yo tell them you are now the owner.

07 Dodge 1500 crew cab with 20" wheels, 08 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra-lite 8280SS
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
George Bernard Shaw
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote