Old 02-22-2015, 09:47 PM   #1
The Busted Wrench

Good mattress suggestions.

I'm sure everyone has an opinion on this so let's hear them. I have a bad back from years of working in the shop so I spoiled the woman and I by buying a Tempurpedic mattress for our bed at home. Problem is, now I can't sleep on a camper mattress. We did add a foam topper to our camper mattress but it's still not very comfortable. I'm seriously thinking about upgrading mattresses before we even bring our new TT home but I don't want to spend a fortune either. I'm a bang for the buck kind of guy so I'm anxiously waiting to see everyone's suggestions on this.

Old 02-23-2015, 05:56 AM   #2

For our TT, we went to Big Lots when they were having a mattress sale. We got a great Serta mattress, nice and firm for my bad back, and a big, fat foam topper for it. The combination worked out great! Good luck!

2005 Dodge Ram 2500, 4x4
2017 Heritage Glen QBUD312
Zhanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:13 AM   #3

I have a bad back too. Wanted to try a sleep number but no dealers here. So we got a memory foam for $500.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1424693621.345428.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	70079

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 02-23-2015, 07:28 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTech77 View Post
I'm sure everyone has an opinion on this so let's hear them. I have a bad back from years of working in the shop so I spoiled the woman and I by buying a Tempurpedic mattress for our bed at home. Problem is, now I can't sleep on a camper mattress. We did add a foam topper to our camper mattress but it's still not very comfortable. I'm seriously thinking about upgrading mattresses before we even bring our new TT home but I don't want to spend a fortune either. I'm a bang for the buck kind of guy so I'm anxiously waiting to see everyone's suggestions on this.
If you want a great sleep it will cost SORRY, but that is just fact. You will not beat a sleep number mattress. Buy the time you buy a good mattress and then a 2" topper you could get a sleep number. Watch CW they have them on sale now and then.....
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:59 AM   #5

I upgraded our mattress to the Serta Trump Home Edition and we enjoy it as much as our new $1500 home mattress. No back pain, no movement when one of us gets out of bed or back in! Get's it done for us.
No need for any toppers with a quality mattress.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:05 AM   #6
The Busted Wrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
If you want a great sleep it will cost SORRY, but that is just fact. You will not beat a sleep number mattress. Buy the time you buy a good mattress and then a 2" topper you could get a sleep number. Watch CW they have them on sale now and then.....

Oh, after spending $2800 on our current home mattress, I'm fully aware at what a quality mattress costs. I just can't see spending that much money for maybe 15 nights worth of sleep a year, that's all. $500ish, I'm good with and I don't need anything as nice as our home mattress just something nicer than the factory camper mattress.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:07 AM   #7

Our trailer came with a Serta mattress...no topper needed, very comfortable.
I would look at them , no idea about cost though !
***3rd GENERATION EGG FARMER***
***WHO MADE YOUR EGGS TODAY ?
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:15 AM   #8

Our V-Lite had the (Serta Upgrade Mattress) still NOT good! We ordered a (Avena 10" Foam Mattress) thru C/W! WOW! Then we ordered another one for our House! Youroo!!
Old 02-23-2015, 08:24 AM   #9

If your mattress is a full queen size, meaning 60"x 80" and not a RV 60" x 74" and a costco member they have a very nice Temperpedic (like) mattress for $500.00.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:30 AM   #10

We took a mattress from our old Golden falcon, to a toy hauler to our present 5er. We even put memory foam on it. My wife has had both hips and knees replaced and my back isn't the greatest. We just weren't getting a good nights sleep on it. We have a mattress in the spare bedroom in the S&B home that is probably 43years old. It's a queen size. My wife will spend a night or two sleeping on it when our Granddaughter has sleep overs. My wife says it's still comfortable. We have friends of our who have slept on it and they rave about how comfortable it is. We had it made way back then. Well I got the model name and number, called the place where we had it made, they're still in business, and told the person the story of our mattress. They asked if we had the model and number, told the person and she said yup they still make them. We gave the measurements that we needed, they made the new mattress, delivered it and set it up for us. It's so much better than what we had. Wifey is happy, so am I. Cost, $800. Canadian...about $30 US,... now..... My son got the old mattress with memory foam and they like it. Much better than the double mattress they had, so they say.