Old 04-09-2013, 11:03 PM   #1

Good Sam's. ??? And Goshen QUESTIONS

Do many of you use coverage from Good Sam 's ?

I have gotten so much mail ... .snail and email... That I get confused.

What coverage do you like and/ or use?

While this is our second year to have an RV... This will be our first season for longer trips. While learning the coach systems...and getting used to all of the in and outs of traveling with each other... a black lab, tow car and bicycles...our trips have been closer to the home front.

We like to know where we are headed...and that we have a nice campground to stay in.

Does anyone use a trip planner, etc

Next ...

We purchased 2012 378 Georgetown in August 2012....multiple problems later, we learned the coach was manufactured in 2011 and sat on dealer lot for over one year.

Thinking about going to Goshen...and see what we can get done about some of the rig issues. Dealer has not been totally willing to assist!

We will be unable to make the Rally in August.

Any suggestions and tips about RV travel will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you...

Bryan and Vonnie Mathiesen

psgrandpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:42 PM   #2

We have Progressive and after our accident, you couldn't pay me to drop them! They were on the phone with me two hrs after I called them. I don't like the carriers Good Sam uses, the premiums are too high besides. Just my opinion.

Duramax/Allison
Full timers since 5/30/2013
OL Creeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjerram View Post
We have Progressive and after our accident, you couldn't pay me to drop them! They were on the phone with me two hrs after I called them. I don't like the carriers Good Sam uses, the premiums are too high besides. Just my opinion.
Thanks for your input
Safe travels
Old 04-10-2013, 12:05 AM   #4
PPST OGCDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjerram View Post
Same here. After I total our 30' TT they took care of us. After 5 years of no accidents we do not have to pay out any deductable
Frank-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:14 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank-VA View Post

Same here. After I total our 30' TT they took care of us. After 5 years of no accidents we do not have to pay out any deductable
Thank you for sharing...
Safe travels
Old 04-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #6
ETF

I have Good Sam. I've only ever had to use it once, for a flat on the fiver and the service was excellent. Yes, Good Sam does deluge you with junk mail and never to be repeated offers.

For trip planning I use "Streets and Trips" from Microsoft. It works well enough. As good as anything else out there, I think, once you learn your way around it.

Like you, I like to know where we are going to be staying. On long trips I use S&T to plan the route I want to take and split it into approximately 300 mile legs. I then go to RV Park Reviews to check out the parks around my stopping points. I call and make reservations at all the parks that I want to overnight at on the the way to our destination park. That routine gives me some peace of mind. If it's a more leisurely, wandering around jaunt, I still use the same procedure but don't make reservations at the next campground until the day before we're ready to leave our present one.