Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2009, 08:52 PM   #1

got a new truck(new to me)

I listed my camper for sale last week.(2009 flagstaff 831krss)
After having a guy look at it and then coming back this week with his whole family i thought for sure I had it sold. They decided against it because the one part of the floorplan they didnt like was the fact that the bathroom sink was outside of the bathroom enclosure. I cant blame him because it was the one thing that I havent liked since i've bought it myself, but it wouldnt have turned me away from it if that was the only thing that i didnt care for.
Anyway, after talking to him today i went and traded in my dodge ram 1500 which was underpowered with a 4.7l v-8 to tow a 7000 lb trailer. I bought a chevy 2500 hd. It's used, but only 40k miles on a 2006 model. Black with black interior, 4x4,fully loaded. It's not diesel but it has a 12000lb tow rating so now i can feel a lot more comfortable towing it where ever I want. So , I'm back in the camping scene again!!!
eandsphotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 06:59 AM   #2
Newb

Nice!!!

I've got my eye on a new camper, but i'm not sure our F-150 can handle it w/o destroying the transmission. So hopefully i find a new (to us) truck this winter too!
F-350 (V-10) to tow
2010 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8317RKSS
PattiPatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 01:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandsphotography View Post
I listed my camper for sale last week.(2009 flagstaff 831krss)
After having a guy look at it and then coming back this week with his whole family i thought for sure I had it sold. They decided against it because the one part of the floorplan they didnt like was the fact that the bathroom sink was outside of the bathroom enclosure. I cant blame him because it was the one thing that I havent liked since i've bought it myself, but it wouldnt have turned me away from it if that was the only thing that i didnt care for.
Anyway, after talking to him today i went and traded in my dodge ram 1500 which was underpowered with a 4.7l v-8 to tow a 7000 lb trailer. I bought a chevy 2500 hd. It's used, but only 40k miles on a 2006 model. Black with black interior, 4x4,fully loaded. It's not diesel but it has a 12000lb tow rating so now i can feel a lot more comfortable towing it where ever I want. So , I'm back in the camping scene again!!!
Congrats on your new used truck, how about some pic. I guess you are not dedicated to one brand of truck? From what I hear about the 2500HD, it is a good decision. A friend of mine has an 04 2500HD but it has the diesel, he's very happy with it.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 02:32 PM   #4

no, i'm not very dedicated at all. I've had all 3 now,ford, dodge and chevy and i cant say i liked any better over the other. One thing i can say though is that I think Dodge has the best looking of all of them. My chevy now is definitly better motor wise as far as towing power, but i still think my dodge was better looking.
eandsphotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 02:42 PM   #5

I have had Chevy all my life and I like the styles of the of the Dodge and the Fords as well, but one thing is that I am dedicated to the big three. It's just me....Enjoy your new toy, I hope it works out for you.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 04:55 PM   #6

eandsphotography, congrats on the new truck.: whacky088:

Glad to see you updated your tv and kept the tt.

Sounds like a really nice truck. Hope you have a great time while towing your tt and when your not as well..

And it's not just you rockwood06. I am dedicated to the big three as well.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:09 PM   #7

I have a 2008 8318SS.... and recently got an F250 to tow with (wife is keeping the Expedition - hers anyway!). It the difference is hard to believe, but still, I have towed probably 20K miles with the Expy in the mountains (east coast mountains) and have been fine.

Now I'm ready to sell it and get a 5th wheel!!... but, just the pain of going through the selling process keeps me enjoying what I have. Some day I'll strike up a conversation with someone and end up selling it, until then, it is the 'ole bumper pull for me. :-)

You will really like the 2500 and how it feels going down the road. It makes towing actually boring....
HookupAndGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:14 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookupAndGo View Post
You will really like the 2500 and how it feels going down the road. It makes towing actually boring....
Not boring, fun!!!

Enjoy the new truck. Upgrading to a 3/4 ton truck was the best investment I could have made.

John U
2010 Born Free 22RSK
midnightpumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 05:44 PM   #9

LOL... I didn't mean boring as in a drag, more like not hanging on and really having to pay super close attention to every vehicle that was passing.... especially those rolling garages!

Long distance runs are a walk in the park now.. I love my 250 and just can't wait to get back out on the roads, preferably headed up to the mountains and some snow!
HookupAndGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:36 PM   #10

Congrats on the new truck i love my 2500hd and also why in the world would you want to find snow to camp in you live in Florida you have the ocean and beaches snow DOES NOT compare to that but i personally HATE SNOW AND WINTER but like someone said to each his own
Old 10-19-2009, 11:12 AM   #11

Congrats on the new to u TV eandsphotography! So you are now keeping the camper, after all? Wise move! You said you liked the Dodge styling, but the 4.7 was underpowered. I have the 06 Hemi 5.7 and it puts out 380 horses. No power problems with that, just the rear end gearing is too mild- 3.54. I found the 5.7 actually gets better gas mileage than the 4.7 on the highway, not pulling. Pulling at 65, I get 7 to 8 mpg. I am also a big 3 fan....keep americans working! Besides, what "other" brands make a 2500 HD or 3500 dually, or even a diesel option, for that matter? Nuff said!! Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote