Old 10-26-2010, 11:38 AM   #21
We have well water here that we use. I don't know how deep it is, and we've never had it tested. All I know is we have been here 9 years and have never gotten sick. We are so used to having water without all the added chemicals in it I can't stand to smell "city" water, let alone taste it.

With that being said we normally always fill our tank with "Home" water and a few jugs to use for his coffee. After that we will buy water for coffee and use the CG water for all the other stuff.

I've cleaned our tanks/lines a few times since we bought the Roo. Just did them last week again. Can't be to safe with what we drink if it sits a long time. So far though come to think of it water in the Roo has never had to sit more than a week at a time. So I guess I'm overkill on the lines/tanks.

Official member of the "Roo Kroo"!
2009 - 4, 2010 - 135
2011 - 95 and counting
skeeterbait8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:08 PM   #22
CLASS "A" Senior Member
I have well water also. Notice that I didn't say AS WELL! I use the Pure Taste additive whenever I put water in my tank. Usually I have about 15-20 gallons on hand unless we're dry camping, then it's close to full. I never leave water sit in my tank longer than one month unless temperatures are estremely hot as this past summer. I changed it every two weeks just to be sure it didn't get funky.
As for cleaning up that tank I'd would use 1/2 cup of household bleach to every 15 gallons of water. Dump the old water, fill the tank about 1/2 way with the water/bleach mixture. Turn on your water pump and open one faucet at a time until you smell the bleach, don't forget the toilet. Then take the trailer for a ride and slosh the mixture around the tank. Once back let it sit for over night. Next day open the drain port and hook up the hose to the city side to move the solution out of the water lines. Once the tank is empty, fill it again, take it for another ride then dump it as soon as you get back. Rinse it out and it should be bacteria free and ready to be used. I recommend the Taste Pure stuff. WalMart sells it.

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:51 PM   #23
I have seen it somewhere that there's no residual taste if you use Hydrogen Peroxide instead of bleach. Don't know if the concentration percentage is the same, though. I'll be doing my potable tank before the start of next season.

Frank and Eileen
No longer RVers or FR owners
F and E Damp is offline   Reply With Quote