Old 07-13-2016, 05:22 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom48 View Post
Yes. Welcome to diesel. We are an old (2004) 6.0 and it's a bit loud but after renting a class C new Ford V10 with gross below our CGVW all I can say about gas is. GUTLESS
True. But tell us about the fabulous MPG she got.

Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 05:40 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by raspivey View Post
Nope...I drive a Corvette . But I can relate...someone asked me what my gas mileage was (I'm not stock). I couldn't tell them. Never checked. That's not why I bought it, lol.

The day I brought it home...also happened to be the day I found out they didn't make fifth wheel hitches for it, lol.
Well, I can't find the towing capacity specs for your car here:
https://www.chevrolet.com/content/da...ring-Guide.pdf

But I'm going to guess that it's because you got the gas, instead of diesel model. I suspect a diesel 'vette would pull a boat load of rhinoceri.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 06:51 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Well, I can't find the towing capacity specs for your car here:
https://www.chevrolet.com/content/da...ring-Guide.pdf

But I'm going to guess that it's because you got the gas, instead of diesel model. I suspect a diesel 'vette would pull a boat load of rhinoceri.
I'd need air bags...two inches of squat puts me on the pavement .
Old 07-13-2016, 07:49 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
Look out scane it looks like ilmor has a gasser.
You're right! I just traded in my 2010 Solera diesel class c for a 2017 Ford E-450 class c. Both 24 footers. In my case paying $10k to $15k more for a diesel made no sense. Because I only put 20k miles on my Solera in 6 years my fuel savings over that time wasn't even $1500. Plus, it could tow only 3500 lbs, whereas the E-450 is rated to 10,000 (although 5,000 is all I need). The new E-450 also has a new 6-speed transmission which improves pulling power and fuel mileage. So that's why I was curious about the OP's payback period for the diesel upcharge. But I also understand there are many considerations, pros and cons when choosing gas or diesel, including overall fuel savings, pulling power or just feeling good about your choice.
Old 07-14-2016, 10:05 AM   #35

Very nice! I don't have a truck but that's why I purchased my Class C Solera with the diesel engine. Pay up front, or pay as you go. I intend to go alot! The diesel is better for all my mountainous driving and will hold it's value more.
Old 07-14-2016, 10:08 AM   #36

Ps- I have done 19,000 miles in my Solera in two years. Plus gas is expensive in Calif.
Old 07-14-2016, 10:26 PM   #37

You'll love your new diesel. In early March we found a terrific deal on a new 2015 EcoDiesel. Because it sat on the lot for a year we got it for $12,000 off MSRP. We now get 16 mpg towing our 6000+ pound Wildwood and have plenty of power to spare. I'll never go back to a gas truck

I may be old but I'm trying, very trying.

2015 RAM 1500 - EcoDiesel
Wildwood X-Lite 241QBXL
OldBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 10:46 PM   #38

when you double your fuel economy, it's not hard to figure out that the extra money you might have spent for the diesel is returned quickly. After that, it's a gain. Not to mention the diesel truck is always worth much more than an equivalent gas model. That money for the diesel option is never lost.
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 11:43 PM   #39

Got tired of the fuel mileage

Quote:
Originally Posted by scayne62 View Post
Early June we went camping at Lake of the Ozarks. We had a great time but only managed to average about 5.6MPG pulling out there. That number has been decreasing the further west we go and the more we leave flat country. I happened to be messing on the ipad and came across a deal on a new TV I could not pass up. so I am not the proud new owner of a 2015 Silverado 2500 Diesel.

What did you have before ?? I got 7.5 going to Wisconsin from Chicago and then 11.5 from Wisconsin to Chicago .... Weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-15-2016, 05:41 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBob View Post
You'll love your new diesel. In early March we found a terrific deal on a new 2015 EcoDiesel. Because it sat on the lot for a year we got it for $12,000 off MSRP. We now get 16 mpg towing our 6000+ pound Wildwood and have plenty of power to spare. I'll never go back to a gas truck

I must be doing something wrong because I have never got fuel mileage like that. I had a 2500 towing a 5000lb travel trailer and never got close to that. Anyway I just keep the tank full

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mileage, tire