Old 12-27-2008, 01:22 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
Isn't it amazing how Politicians and Celebrities all of a sudden are experts about everything. However, those of us with actual brains know it's just their next performance and unfortunately because they're celebrities the Media thinks it's worthy to broadcast. God help us if Brittney Spears or Miley Cyrus take up a cause like BIG AL!
That's because the politicians know that fear sells. If they scare everyone well enough they send their money in like sheep to slaughter. If it isn't Global warming then they invent some other guilt trip like "carbon footprint" to get our money. I myself do not subsribe to any of it. Dang, now I have to go shovel the snow off my driveway for the 3rd time in a week, this is getting old.....

Old 12-27-2008, 06:01 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJeeper View Post
That's because the politicians know that fear sells. If they scare everyone well enough they send their money in like sheep to slaughter. If it isn't Global warming then they invent some other quilt trip like "carbon footprint" to get our money. I myself do not subsribe to any of it. Dang, now I have to go shovel the snow off my driveway for the 3rd time in a week, this is getting old.....
Shovel ???? Where is the snow blower? that's right global warming, It's coming......most likely around the end of March maybe the middle of April just in time for camping

Old 12-27-2008, 06:15 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
Shovel ???? Where is the snow blower? that's right global warming, It's coming......most likely around the end of March maybe the middle of April just in time for camping
Ahhh, I like the sound of that. And with the price of gas down a bit I am hoping to get a lot more use out of our new rig this next year.

As for snow blowers, we don't have them up here in western Washington, we never get this much snow...LOL
Old 12-27-2008, 10:49 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJeeper View Post
Ahhh, I like the sound of that. And with the price of gas down a bit I am hoping to get a lot more use out of our new rig this next year.

As for snow blowers, we don't have them up here in western Washington, we never get this much snow...LOL
Now that you mention gas prices, it is about $1.48 a gallon here in some places in the North/Eastern part of MD, what is out your way?
Old 12-27-2008, 11:22 PM   #15

Isn't it amazing how much the price of gas has dropped since summer?!? It averages about $1.48 around here also. What happened to all the hype about the hurricanes "forcing" them to raise prices?!?

DH
DW
DD-98
DD-01
4yr. old Happy Camping Dalmation Mix
2002 GMC Yukon XL (Behemoth)
2008 Surveyor SV235RKS
Previously - 1998 Coleman Niagara PUP
http://community.webshots.com/user/lacmprs
lacmprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 09:22 AM   #16

They use any reason to increase the price of gas, and WE THE PEOPLE of the U.S are stuck and in other countries. Supply and demand, as long as we can keep the demand down as we all have then the price should stay down. There are alot of folks out there that have stopped driving large SUV and trucks and are now driving smaller cars, this in itself has reduced demand. I have reduced my fuel from 8 gallons a day with a Chevy Astro Van to 3 gallons a day with a Chevy Cavalier. They say the first sign of a recession is auto sales and the last thing to recover is the housing market. The housing market is a different issue, but is effected.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:47 PM   #17

This is a rarity where we live(Prairieville, La.). It started snowing just before daylight.
This photo was taken at about 3pm as the snow was melting. They say we received about 7-8", not real sure.

The last time I saw anything close to this(down here) was in 1964 when we got 4.5" about 75 mile west of where we live now.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:50 PM   #18

sorry i missed your post
the day you got snow, we were supposed to get hit and then it fizzled into rain
thanks for the pictures.
we just got home from New Mexico
WOW snow snow
Old 12-28-2008, 06:38 PM   #19

Quote:
Now that you mention gas prices, it is about $1.48 a gallon here in some places in the North/Eastern part of MD, what is out your way?
About 1.35 here in central Arkansas.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:39 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
Here in Western Washington it's around $1.75/gal. At least $.30/gal of that has been added to the cost over the last 3 years due to a tax that the idiot voters in our state voted for in the failed belief that they would fix our roads. What a bunch of rubes!

Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote