Old 10-25-2012, 11:49 AM   #1

Grand Salem 408 Loft Dome Sky-light problem

Hi Everyone,

I asked our friend who is an RV service technician to install a vent cover for us before closing our 408 loft up for the winter. While on the roof he noticed that the edges of our domed sky-light over the loft were pulling upwards (curling) and pushing the caulk up at the corners. He said he could caulk the area temporarily, but that we should contact Forest River to get a replacement. Three questions please:
1. Has anyone else experienced this problem

2. Has there been any kind of recall done for the skylight domes?

And finally,

3. Does anyone know how long that dome is warrantied for?

We purchased the unit in June of 2011. So it is now over a year old. When we first puchased the trailer, we discovered that the dealership from which we had purchased it (which was out of state) was very difficult to work with and it took us ages to get them to sort the warranty issues and arrange for repair. So I thought I'd first check with the forum before going through the nightmare of trying to get answers out of the dealership. (Lesson learned for next time - check reviews of the dealer and buy local)

Thanks,

Mark Hollander
2010 Salem Grand Villa Loft
Seasonals at Dune Lake Campground - Coloma Michigan

Old 11-02-2012, 02:53 PM   #2

I own a 2012 Wildwood 408 Loft and have had to repair a skylight over the table. I know have water leaking through a speaker over the loft stairs...and also bought out of state and feel *stuck* with an expensive piece of junk that will never be covered under warranty. ; (.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:17 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmbuss View Post
I own a 2012 Wildwood 408 Loft and have had to repair a skylight over the table. I know have water leaking through a speaker over the loft stairs...and also bought out of state and feel *stuck* with an expensive piece of junk that will never be covered under warranty. ; (.
I'm sorry to hear that. I'd assumed our unit was built on a Monday as we also had to have the main skylight resealed for a leak, a leaking shower faucet, and several minor electrical problems. It seems that while the 408's have a wonderful floor plan, but quality control is the pits.

Ultimately, since we were out of state, forest river agreed to pay a local certified repair technician to do the work. But it was a very lengthy process getting that all approved (took a couple of months of back and forth.) So you

Tags
408 loft, grand salem, skylight