Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2013, 08:39 PM   #1

Gray wolf BH26 propane tank

Hi. I was wondering if anybody had this noise from there propane tanks on there camper. It makes a faint pinging sound when I had it in use. I shut it off and turned the other one on and it was quiet. No noise. Any suggestions? We are heading to pymatuning on the ohio side this weekend and just wondering if it's anything to be worried about. Thank you
camperguy172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:57 PM   #2

I just took my 26DBH out for the first time and heard the same thing... Not sure if it was bad or not. Also like you, switched tanks and it stopped making the noise. it sounded like it was coming from the regulator... :-/
Curtis_Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:11 PM   #3

Funny thing, we had the same issue a faint pinging from the 30lbs propane tank, I first noticed it on the day we took delivery, the RV tech said that was quite normal, but offered no explanation! If anyone has the answer I would love to get some feed back on this one for sure! Thanks

John & Jess
joubeclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:30 PM   #4

Could be the tip over valve.
Was the gas inside moving?
Old 10-06-2013, 06:02 PM   #5

My tanks tend to make some noise when they get low. I'm not sure if I can call it a pinging noise however. After I filled them, it took care of it.
NHFire 152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:55 PM   #6

All I know is both tanks were according to the dealer filled before we took delivery, that was August 19th, camp closed September 29th and and not only did we use all gas in both tanks, but I depleted my spare as well, now we used gas a lot , furnace at night, hot water tank, showers, my wife even cooked a 22lbs Turkey for Campsgiviing , turned out amazing I might add!, so the tanks had to have been full, may be the regulator, but it seems to do its job, just with a faint pinging sound when drawing the gas in to the system, almost sounds like a spoon being tapped on the side of the tank!
joubeclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:33 PM   #7

Yes it is the float in the OPD system. They make more noise when the tank gets lower on gas. Concerned me at first too when I heard it.