Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-22-2013, 12:09 PM   #1

Great Forest River Customer Service

My 5th wheel is almost one year old. In October I noticed that the two rear tires were wearing badly on their outside edge. I took the unit to my dearler for some minor warranty work as well as mentioning the uneven tire wear. Pictures were taken and the dealer called FR. The dealer told me that the axle is covered under separate warranty from Dexter.
They called Dexter and were told that if the axle is out of alignment, it is not their problem. I had the alignment checked and sure enough, the rear axle alignment is out of spec. Front axle is okay. The problem is the rear tires are toed in. The alignment shop told me there is noy way I could have caused that unless I hit something GOING BACKWARDS at a high rate of speed. Dexter informed the dealer that if I wanted to purchase a new axle, paid to have it shipped to the dealer, pay the dealer to install it, and pay to have the axle shipped back to Dexter, then they, Dexter, would determine if the axle is bad. (What are the chances that Dexter would find the axle bad??).

I called Forest River at 10AM this past Thursday and explained the situation. FR told me they would contact Dexter, and either Dexter or FR would get back to me. At 10:45 FR called me to say that Dexter was being unreasonable, and that they, FR, would take care of it!

FR is shipping a new axle to my dealer and will pay for everything, including two new tires.

WOW! I am very impressed with Forest River and so glad I purchased a Forest River product.

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #2

I'm impressed !!!!

Past RVs: National Pacifica 40', Kenworth T300 Toterhome, Jayco Class C 32'. American Eagle 40',
American Eagle 40', Bounder 38' tag axle
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:11 PM   #3
RKR

It's good to hear positive feedback. Thanks for sharing.
RKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:45 AM   #4

that makes me feel a little better. I currently have very poor tire wear on my 2013 Wildwood. Battling with dealer over this. They insist alignments can't be done on trailers and we all know better than that. Guess I will be contacting FR over this too.
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:03 AM   #5

Tom:
Who is your dealer? I've had excellent service from our dealer - Campers Inn in Mocksville.
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:17 PM   #6

Glad to hear that
On my flagstaff I had a tire blow out bad , 500 miles on the tires no damage to TT. The tires are through lion head , worked with them for a week . Finally got them to mail one . The CS from FR called me back and ask how they did . I told them it was a lot of trouble

One week later I get another tire f,rom FR. No charge
GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
Capsfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
customer service, forest river