Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2012, 03:35 PM   #21

I wonder if a thermocell will work
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:19 PM   #22

The last couple of years we put up signs " Please don't cut through site" mostly has worked, except at Pirateland, the sites there are close enough already, also have yellow danger tape!
daverain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:20 PM   #23

oh, forgot if all else fails.... look at the photo to the left!
daverain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #24

Daverain you must be from SC also. We went to Ocean Lakes for the first time earlier this year and that's one on my will not return list. Nothing but drunk kids and adults riding golf carts.
the.wilsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:18 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by daverain View Post
The last couple of years we put up signs " Please don't cut through site" mostly has worked, except at Pirateland, the sites there are close enough already, also have yellow danger tape!
Pirateland does have very small sites. Lakewood next door has sites a little bit bigger than Pirateland. Tons of golf carts wherever you go though.
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:46 AM   #26

I would've let the dog loose.
camper007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:10 AM   #27

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-5408003.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	15227

Problem solved... Although they don't bark much, I don't expect anybody would venture to shush them. We've never had anybody wander through our camp, but do get frequent passers-by who want to meet them.
Wife: NY
Me: IL
3 Akitas (RIP D-Dog)
biken201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:07 AM   #28

Maybe putting a few "dog statue" would help?
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #29

Problem is that we've become a country where the indiviual matters more than the masses. It's all I'm more important than you are and I yell louder than you so I get my way. SO THERE!!! Not that it's right. But what rights are there these days?
hkreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:48 AM   #30
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I've had individuals walk through before ....... as long as there respectful I don't mind much.
Just pay the toll of one coors light per person please!
I've met some nice people passing through .
We camp at a lot of camp grounds with trout streams and we normally camp right next to stream so its not uncommon for people going or coming from fishing.
To walk around all the sites to get to stream it may be a half mile trek.

To sum up .....
Be respectful
Bring coors light
Leave a few trout
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:00 AM   #31

I camp right on rivers in New Hampshire and people will walk in between the sites and along the river bank. They walk in between the sites to avoid walking long distances.

This is perfectly fine with me and I have also met some very nice people along the river banks.

What I was talking about is kids riding their bikes thru our site almost hitting my camper and friends tents while the parents sit and watch them do this. Also the adults would cut right thru also at a leisurely pace and just stare at you not even saying hi. So not only is it rude to cut thru the sites it is also rude to stare.

I could go on forever. The point is if you need to cut thru a site you can ask permission, or do it in a respectful manner by staying towards the perimeter of the site and not walking thru your gear/shelters.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:09 AM   #32

Being from a motorcycle style of life for the last 40 years, You can stop people from coming through your site if need be! IMHO, I believe in being easy to a point but there is a limit to nice.
Jester

2012 Super Crew 4WD 6.7 PSD
2015 Cardinal 3800 FL
2007 Road King Black Cherry-Hers
2007 Road King Blue-Mine
1979 FXS Hot Rod Shovelhead
Jestercyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:17 AM   #33

Rude people, good dogs!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerslayer View Post
Had a great weekend at kings dominion, the park was great, very clean, plenty of staff ect, the campground was the same. Actually I dont think I have stayed in a cleaner campground, they even had one gentleman riding around all day picking up trash, emptying all the trash cans, bathhouses were very clean, lots were great! Overall I have to say if you have the chance go for it. Now, on the otherhand, I have never seen so many rude inconsiderate campers in my entire life! Our sites were great, and really large but very close to the bath house. We had so many people and kids cutting through our lots all weekend it was ridiculous. Even had kids running between my camper and my neighbors camper jumping over water lines ect. I finally went to the parents and advised them them needed to keep there kids from running through the campers it was unsafe. I got so tired of asking people not to walk through, and advising the cabin campers is was very rude to cut through a campsite I gave up! While I was fueling up my truck my wife was sitting outside with our dogs, under our awning, when a older lady came walking through, practicly under our awning and walking around our grill, and had the nerve to tell one of my dogs to hush when she started barking at her, my wife is too nice and didnt say anything, me, it would not have been so good! I still get aggrevated by the thought of all these people! Maybe I am wrong and its ok to cut through campsites disturbing people!

We have 2 beagles that go camping with us all the time, nothing is worse than a baying beagle, times 2. We had one trip like this. I always stopped the dogs. I got sick of keeping my dog quiet, when they were warning me of someone entering our space. I gave up and let them bark and bay, the parent made a comment about the noise, I said if you stay out of their space it would not happen. After that they did not cut into our site and the dogs did not bark at them. I think she wanted them to so she could complain to the office. Thank god it is a place we go to a lot and the owners know our dogs. That has been our only bad experience. You pay for that site and no one has the right to invade it, I think maybe toll signs might be a good idea next time!!
2001 Lincoln Navigator All Wheel drive
hoovercab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:14 PM   #34

Get yourself a tin can and start charging fees. At this rate you will be rich in no time.
Hitched up to a White 1999 F-150 Ext. Cab
Number of days camped in 2014-2
(4 more days reserved)
NINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:10 PM   #35
Happy Camper

It wouldnt have been a big deal if it was an isolated incident, or people were apologetic when i told them it was rude to cut through someones campsite, 90% of them gave an attitude, which in turn made me get one! Actually told one smart mouthed little boy to tell his father so I could teach him some manners as well! And my dogs are well behaved, but my older/larger dog can get protective, especially at night when someone comes out of no where within a foot or two of her daddy, last thing I want to do is try to explain to a police officer why my dog bit little billy in the middle of the night, or mommom while she was trying to get to the bath house. Worst part about it is, we were one spot from the end of the row, all these people had to do was walk another 20ft and they could go around us....UGH lazy
deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #36
Site Team

We could come up with a whole new thread on rude people cutting through sites and have enough material to write a book. I know I have enough stuff for a few chapters myself including waking up at 1:00am to find a group sitting at my picnic table chit-chatting.

I also want to say there are still many nice manner campers out there. These are the people I want to invest my time with!

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote