Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2015, 09:25 AM   #1

Grey Tanks

We just picked up a Vibe 22 tt. It has two grey waste tanks and valves. Do you empty the one by itself and then move to the black and grey valve? The people behind in line probably won't be real happy. Any suggestions?
Old 09-08-2015, 09:54 AM   #2

That's what I do. I try to hit the dump station when it isn't busy, but may have to tell folks I'm going as fast as I can. So far I haven't had any horn honkers.
2015 Ram Big Horn
RETCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 10:13 AM   #3

I would dump the black tank first and then dump both gray tanks one after another. If you need to move the drain hose I would dump the gay tank with the single gate valve last.

I would not rush the dumping procedure at all in fact make sure that you use the black tank flush when dumping to insure that the tank is cleaned of debris or the black tank could smell during storage. When you rush and try to go fast "MR. MURPHY" will always show up and help you in the wrong way.

Just mu $0.02
Old 09-08-2015, 08:49 PM   #4
Always Learning

Do you have one sewer connection or two? If just one, then I'd do black, gray, gray. If two, I'd do whichever is more forward, then the rear one (in case you need to move the camper); but again- black first and then gray.

5 tanks on my fiver. 3 gray and 2 black. I take a while. But, I've actually never used a dump station with it.

Tags
tank