Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2016, 09:01 PM   #1

Grey wolf belly sagging issue

I recently purchased a new Grey Wolf 26DBH , brought it home winterized from dealer to my outdoor storage facility. It was Not raining when brought home.. Recently we received approx 7 inches of rain in a week. I Checked camper and interior is dry with no signs of water leaks. However in rear under belly, I noticed the belly is sagging with what seems to have water trapped. I'm contacting dealer, however curious if anyone else has had the same issues.
Mofire75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 09:13 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofire75 View Post
I recently purchased a new Grey Wolf 26DBH , brought it home winterized from dealer to my outdoor storage facility. It was Not raining when brought home.. Recently we received approx 7 inches of rain in a week. I Checked camper and interior is dry with no signs of water leaks. However in rear under belly, I noticed the belly is sagging with what seems to have water trapped. I'm contacting dealer, however curious if anyone else has had the same issues.
Post a picture. Mine looks deformed when not full.
Was it winterized with compress air or anti-freeze?

You could open your low-point drains to make sure that water/if any, gets out of those lines. If it is anti-freeze you should be ok.

Also those drains never completely empty the tank.

Good luck, Wiser people here may know better.

Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 12:21 PM   #3
Site Team

Our last RV had an enclosed underbelly and we had the trap for the shower leak once and it filled the underbelly and it sagged a little. I've heard where water running down the sides have gotten into the underbelly where it wasn't sealed to the sides well.

You can reach under the middle of the RV and lift up on the underbelly skin with your hand and you can tell if it's water in it or just sagging a little.
Old 01-04-2016, 12:45 PM   #4

All they do is attach the coroplast underbelly liner to the bottom of the frame rails and front and rear headers with tech screws. It is not sealed other than they might pump some blow foam around some penetrations. Water can run down a corner, or the side of the trailer, chase itself back an outrigger or something, and find its way into the underbelly. I am not a big believer in enclosed under bellies. My experience with them is they're a good place to hide the manufacturing debris, crappy workmanship, and make it hard to access any of the systems under the trailer. There is no telling what you're going to find when you open one up. What you will find is any wiring or water supply lines will just be laying in there, and not secured. The real purpose of that liner is to speed up the manufacturing, not benefit the end user. It adds minimal additional insulation value, doesn't add much protection to anything, and most certainly does not help with fuel mileage, that's marketing BS.

Take a 1/4" drill bit and carefully and slowly drill some holes @ center line of the trailer, so that if any water does find its way inside it can drain out.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:37 PM   #5

Thanks everyone. I did poke a small hole in the center of underbelly to drain the water. I just want to make sure I won't have an inside leak or rot issue under the siding later on.
Mofire75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:23 PM   #6

My 2016 26DBH Grey Wolf did the same thing. What they found was the drain fitting around the bottom of the tube was loose and not sealed. So when we showed half the water went down the drain the other half went out around the fitting. Something to look at. If they ran water through it to prep it for winter
hotheadbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 01:09 PM   #7

I had the same problem this fall. Had to cut a third of the underbelly out. Under the material was cheap fiberglass insulation all wet that would not have dried if I just poked holes for the water to drain. And the smell...whew! My water source appears to be coming from the pipe that sits in the top of the grey tank. That means my water was dish water and shower water. Throw in some food debris and that explains the odor. Also explains the black discoloration on my kitchen floor. Waiting till spring to fix the grey tank. If I put the underbelly back in I have decided to put only that section back in as a seperate section. That is where most all of the plumbing is and will make life easier if i have another leak.
Hitched up to a White 1999 F-150 Ext. Cab
Number of days camped in 2014-2
(4 more days reserved)
NINA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grey wolf