Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2017, 06:14 PM   #1

grey wolf versus catalina sbx

Hello, brand new to the site and i am looking for enlightenment. I am looking to purchase a camper around the first of the year. My two I have narrowed it down to is a Grey Wolf 26BHSE and a Catalina SBX 261BH. These two have the exact same floor plans and the same amount of options from what I can tell. The Grey Wolf salesman said that the grey wolf is the top tier of these type of campers owned by Forest River, but at the same time he is trying to make a sale. There are two dealerships near me that carry these. The grey wolf one has terrible reviews for its service department and is in my town. The catalina camper is about 45 minutes away but has impeccable reviews about their service department. If there is already a thread addressing this please point me in that direction and I would appreciate it.

thanks for your help
Mwalthall
mwalthall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 06:47 PM   #2

Myself, I have bought twice based on price not distance. I do consider major repair possibilities. This is a spooky choice. The money I saved on the long distance purchase was planned to be spent out of pocket if the worst case happened. I have been lucky since with both purchases, no spendy items showed up.
If you have skills and no fears about handling a minor repair job yourself then go for the price. Good luck with your choice.
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 10:15 PM   #3

I've had my Catalina over a year now, no major issues or trips back to dealer. I think its a crap shoot these days on buying any RV, they are selling them fast as they can make em.
Old 12-23-2017, 10:18 PM   #4

Thanks for the help. The catalina did seem to be made of good quality.
Old 12-24-2017, 06:28 AM   #5

I have a FR Cherokee 274dbh, basically a grey wolf. After a year of research landed us on FR. They all have flaws, but after really getting to know the guts of out TT...I can actually say it’s well built and we’re happy with the quality.
911Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 06:53 AM   #6

Thanks for the advice!
Old 12-24-2017, 08:10 AM   #7

We have a 26DBH Gray Wolf and are very pleased with it.
This will be our 3rd season coming up in 18 and have had no issues at all.
Lukegsdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, catalina, grey wolf