Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2015, 12:32 AM   #1

Smile Grill option on 2703 ws

Greetings all! We just purchased the Forest River 2703, and are waiting for delivery. I was wondering about the grill that attaches on the side. Where does everyone put it after use? I thought perhaps that that's what the plastic sliding container is for in the outside storage?
Thanks in advance!
Naomimade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 04:16 PM   #2

Congratulations on your new TT. I use my grill quite often on our trips. I store mine back in the nylon bag provided. Make sure the grill is clean before you store it. I generally place it back in the storage compartment in the TT. Sometimes if I am in a hurry or I have not had time to adequately clean I will place it in the bed of my F150 covered bed. I cook with a BBQ Grill Mat. Keeps the grill top and bottom fairly clean. Also avoids grease spills to lower unit.
Be sure when you store TT for extended periods you have the grill extra clean or store it in a critter proof place. Mice love to lick the grates clean. Happy grilling.
the wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 05:07 PM   #3

Thanks so much for the advice! I'd heard of the grill mats...doean'y it change the taste or texture of the food? I can see how it would be great for veggies, but how is it with meats?
Old 06-05-2015, 08:06 PM   #4

I use my mats for most foods.Does not appear to change the taste. In fact for veggies and seafood the mats allow the food to simmer in olive oil and spices. I do cook center cut chops and NY strips on the grates. They don't produce a lot of grease and flare ups. Experiment a bit on your home grill to see what works best for you.
Just a quick side. There are also baking mats you can use in your camper to cut down on oven mess.
the wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 08:45 PM   #5

Ok, thanks again! 😊👍