Old 06-26-2014, 06:44 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
If it is the bunk/wardrobe slide it is most likely the cable driven mechanism. I know that all Berkshire 390/400 bh's have a bunk slide that is cable driven. I hope that rocking the slide permanently fixes the problem but I had the motor/gear box in my bunk slide die shortly after getting my new coach. It was making the same horrible grinding noise that you described and it required that the motor/gear box be replaced. It is a bear of a job that is best left to the techs to replace.

Good luck.

Tom

It's our master bedroom slide that slides the bed out. We kept the appointment on the 31st, to make sure that there's nothing there. I'm afraid to extend it. It went out once and is back in. Long enough for me to unload it. I'm afraid of it, the noise was insane.

2015 Charleston 450BH
*I'd Rather Be in my Rv"

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Ashley
Tallcotton4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:51 PM   #12

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1403822935.108403.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	507.9 KB
ID:	56456Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1403822980.552479.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	591.2 KB
ID:	56457
Taken from the side closest to the hallway. Not sure if this is the angle. DH had to go back to the campground we dump at to pay with cash. They didn't accept CC.

2015 Charleston 450BH
*I'd Rather Be in my Rv"

Ashley
Old 06-26-2014, 06:51 PM   #13

Is that slide cable driven also? If so, my response would be the same as my earlier post.

Just saw your picture and it is probably the same problem. FR has been having issues with the motor/transmission that drives the cable mechanism.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:54 PM   #14

See pics, we've never had slide probs in our Leprechaun or Berk. This is a new one to us. We were told due to power failure..it may have loosened up and needed to rewind itself. Somewhat like a retractable cord..is how I understood it. I trust you all here to tell me if that's bogus...we will keep the appointment on the 31st of July, it's just a bummer that we can't use it between now and then. There is mobile RV service, but it wouldn't be warrantied that way.

2015 Charleston 450BH
*I'd Rather Be in my Rv"

Ashley
Old 06-26-2014, 06:55 PM   #15

Quote:
Is that slide cable driven also? If so, my response would be the same as my earlier post.

Just saw your picture and it is probably the same problem. FR has been having issues with the motor/transmission that drives the cable mechanism.

Ok, thanks for looking. Bummer . But such is life. We will just see if we need it before the 31st and call out the mobile guy.

2015 Charleston 450BH
*I'd Rather Be in my Rv"

Ashley
Old 06-26-2014, 07:08 PM   #16

Mine went out when I was camping in Florida and just starting on a several week vacation. My dealer is in Albany, NY, was about 1300 miles away from where I was. I contacted Randy Houser and he OK'd having a mobile tech come and do the fix under warranty. Not sure if he would warranty a mobile tech if you are close to your dealer.
Tom

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:31 PM   #17

Quote:
Mine went out when I was camping in Florida and just starting on a several week vacation. My dealer is in Albany, NY, was about 1300 miles away from where I was. I contacted Randy Houser and he OK'd having a mobile tech come and do the fix under warranty. Not sure if he would warranty a mobile tech if you are close to your dealer.

Tom

Just realized that all my clothes are in the drawers!!! I got everything out of the closets but I can't get in the drawers....yikes. I know I'm at home and obviously have access to other clothes, but I had been out of the country for 10 days prior to meeting my DH in Dallas with the Mh and well..I'm a girl, I packed half my house. I feel so dumb that I didn't unload it when I had it open, but I was so worried we weren't going to be able to get it back in, and well DOH! Dangit.....

2015 Charleston 450BH
*I'd Rather Be in my Rv"

Ashley
Old 06-26-2014, 07:33 PM   #18

PS, we are nowhere close to the original dealer. We have to deal with Camping World. We bought this one somewhere out of the Midwest. Bought the first two out of MHSRV in Texas.

2015 Charleston 450BH
*I'd Rather Be in my Rv"

Ashley
Old 06-26-2014, 08:10 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallcotton4 View Post
Just realized that all my clothes are in the drawers!!! I got everything out of the closets but I can't get in the drawers....yikes. I know I'm at home and obviously have access to other clothes, but I had been out of the country for 10 days prior to meeting my DH in Dallas with the Mh and well..I'm a girl, I packed half my house. I feel so dumb that I didn't unload it when I had it open, but I was so worried we weren't going to be able to get it back in, and well DOH! Dangit.....
I think you said that was the 'Bed' slide?
Isn't there a 'Wardrobe' slide opposite that you can open to get to your clothes?

Works on my Berkshire anyway, Not sure about yours.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:13 PM   #20

No, our bed slides straight into our drawers in the vanity respectively. The bunk and washer dryer are on their own slide. Kitchen and loveseat on their own, living room/dinette on its own. I posted pics of this unit in another thread. It's a little different than our Berk 2014 BH model. It moves the fridge to the other side and replaces it with the washer/dryer and that moves with the bunks. The bed is the only thing that moves in the bedroom.

2015 Charleston 450BH
*I'd Rather Be in my Rv"

Ashley

Tags
slide