Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2012, 07:48 AM   #1

Had an AMAZING first trip!!!

The TT couldn't have worked better!!

I was there for 2 days with the kids and the dawg before BF got there. We had some heavy rains one night but it held up just fine!

The igniter on the HW heater doesn't always work but I've become quite skilled at starting it with my long lighter!

We had to dump the black tank once during the trip since we ended up being there for a total of 9 days (I think). A fellow friend and camper helped blow what appeared to be 5 years worth of poo out of it. Ay yi yi! We put the Calgon and detergent in it again along with a tissue digestor and will empty it again this weekend. We had so much fun that BF, the dawg and I will head up again on Friday for a final weekend.

The water quality wasn't that great from the well and the hosts suggest we flush our system when we get home. It wasn't good for drinking and you could smell the high iron content. I wasn't worried about a pressure regulator this trip but probably could've used a filter.

Only a couple things we need for next year for sure:

-stabilizers- getting up off the tires is mandatory. It was quite "bouncy".

-radio- our tuner is broken but I think we can plug something into the auxiliary input- yes?

-an outdoor rug- one big enough to cover the span of the awning. LOTS of grass 'n stuff tracked into the camper required thrice daily sweeping. We did have a small rug outside and inside.

-a TV would be nice, but isn't required. The host of the weekend said he has an antennae "booster" and was able to connect with his Directv. He said it operates on battery or electric and gave me permission to hook up to the electric. Next time!

I took a TON of pictures and once I get them uploaded I will post some!

Thank you ALL for your help and advice!!
SoggyGranola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:03 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoggyGranola

I was there for 2 days with the kids and the dawg before BF got there. We had some heavy rains one night but it held up just fine!

The igniter on the HW heater doesn't always work but I've become quite skilled at starting it with my long lighter!

We had to dump the black tank once during the trip since we ended up being there for a total of 9 days (I think). A fellow friend and camper helped blow what appeared to be 5 years worth of poo out of it. Ay yi yi! We put the Calgon and detergent in it again along with a tissue digestor and will empty it again this weekend. We had so much fun that BF, the dawg and I will head up again on Friday for a final weekend.

The water quality wasn't that great from the well and the hosts suggest we flush our system when we get home. It wasn't good for drinking and you could smell the high iron content. I wasn't worried about a pressure regulator this trip but probably could've used a filter.

Only a couple things we need for next year for sure:

-stabilizers- getting up off the tires is mandatory. It was quite "bouncy".

-radio- our tuner is broken but I think we can plug something into the auxiliary input- yes?

-an outdoor rug- one big enough to cover the span of the awning. LOTS of grass 'n stuff tracked into the camper required thrice daily sweeping. We did have a small rug outside and inside.

-a TV would be nice, but isn't required. The host of the weekend said he has an antennae "booster" and was able to connect with his Directv. He said it operates on battery or electric and gave me permission to hook up to the electric. Next time!

I took a TON of pictures and once I get them uploaded I will post some!

Thank you ALL for your help and advice!!
Look into stabilizers such as bal or steady fast for movement.

Good to hear you had a great time !
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:45 AM   #3

Don't "get off your tires". Stabilizers are meant to only prevent movement. Jacking up so high that the tires come off the ground could bend your frame or cause other damages.
crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:53 AM   #4
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
Don't "get off your tires". Stabilizers are meant to only prevent movement. Jacking up so high that the tires come off the ground could bend your frame or cause other damages.
True, do not lift the tires off the ground. You can put jacks between the axles and lift it a little to take out the bounce from the tires.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:25 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc View Post
True, do not lift the tires off the ground. You can put jacks between the axles and lift it a little to take out the bounce from the tires.
This is what I meant. Just enough so that the whole weight of the TT isn't resting on the tires.

I don't often see TTs suspended off the ground entirely. I'd be guessing there's a reason for that!
SoggyGranola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:44 AM   #6

Sounds like you had a great trip. Every trip out, we find something new we like to try with the TT. Hope you have years of enjoyment.
2 Beagles (Snoopy & Dexter)

Big Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:39 AM   #7
CampingQueen

Laughing at the 5 yrs of poo part... we just got a TT - while 'new', we knew it had been used at least a couple times as a rental unit. On our first night I noticed a little (not much, but definately 'there') odor when flushing which made me think the tank had not been cleaned all that well.

Before we left the campground we decided to try out the integrated black water flush to get the tank good and clean. It took several times to get the water finally running reasonably clear - I'm convinced the dealer merely dumped the tank but didn't do anything to actually try to clean it. After cleaning, we did the good old 'sniff test' (turning on the bathroom fan while opening the toilet flush seal - no smell at all so we know we have it clean now!

It's so much nicer knowing that the next time I smell bathroom odors from the tank at least it will be my family's crap! LOL
arlee453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:28 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoggyGranola View Post

I was there for 2 days with the kids and the dawg before BF got there.
Who is BIGFOOT?
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote