Old 06-15-2018, 10:52 AM   #1
Gold Tee Box

Happy Father's Day, Take your Dad Camping!

Happy Father's Day Weekend!

We've lost both of our parents and sure wish they were still around to enjoy our RV'ing. They would really enjoy the new TT's and RV's and of course the travel.

We are fortunate to have great kids and grandkids, but their time is limited, so Take your Dad Camping while you can!

18 campgrounds/223 nights since 2015
Teetime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:21 PM   #2
Now a "Top Member"

Amen brother. We lost Dad 2 1/2 years ago. We went camping many times together. Our longest trip was to Branson MO (he was in Austin, and I live in Houston). We thoroughly enjoyed camping with him. The picture below is a Hamfest in Rosenberg TX (my wife in the chair, Dad flexing his old man muscles). He had just gotten his Ham license and we met him there to see what we could throw our money away on. Happy Father's Day Dad.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0859 (Large).jpg
Views:	74
Size:	260.3 KB
ID:	176058

Ride-Rite Airbags and Airlift wireless remote compressor...nice!

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:32 PM   #3

Exactly we are camping at Grahams Island State Park in Devils Lake ND. My husband and I with our youngest child, his wife and their 3 children and our oldest son and his wife will be joining us tomorrow.
2012 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
Dennis and Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 10:34 PM   #4

My dad loved camping. ⛺️ Fatherís Day would have been his 95th birthday and having these two days fall together brings both great and sad memories.

Happiness is just a ride away!
Sharon455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 12:18 AM   #5
Living the Dream

My Grandad and Nanny took me on my first camping trip in 1972. They drove a Chrysler station wagon pulling a Shasta TT. I have loved it every since that trip. My wife nowshares that love with me. Our kids, when they were home grew found of our trips as well. We upgraded to our first 5vr last year Now that the nest is empty. We ate camping more and more.
We lost Nanny (my grandmother) in 06 and Grandad joined her in 2010. But they camp with us every trip we take. Happy Father's Day to all the other dad's out there. Thank you Grandad for giving me love of camping.

Go Hogs!
TheHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 05:37 AM   #6
NH Maple Maker

My dad is 94 years old and not in bad shape for a man his age. I'm sure that he would have enjoyed a camping weekend if we had gone on one. He really enjoyed the lobster and strawberry shortcake yesterday as well as being with my children. My son and daughter came up from NC for the weekend.

2014 V Cross VIBE 822VRBS

2017 Silverado 1500 crew cab 4x4
russhd1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 08:17 AM   #7

Fathers Day near Hershey PA

We took our first trip this trip this weekend in our new (to us) Sunseeker. My Dad came with us for Fathers Day weekend along with my wife and 3 girls. Everyone had a great time chilling, biking and kayaking at Jonestown KOA. He might have to come along in all future trips as he is a mechanic and they are quite handy while Rving....thanks for everything Dad!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HERSHEY.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	345.3 KB
ID:	176339  
Ridpath88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 08:43 AM   #8

CAMPING

When I was a kid we had a 1972 Ford F-250 and a Lance camper. We went all over Cali with my dad and brother mostly. I guess you can say that is where I got the camping bug from. I try to go out with my son now, he always says Rv's are not real camping. That is because he is an Eagle Scout and we went either Backpacking or tent camping. I love all of them. Life is short, so spend as much time with your Family and friends as you can. Retire from work early and enjoy life!!!

Philkaty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping