Old 06-18-2014, 10:58 AM   #1

Happy with new camper

Just wondering how many out there are happy with there new camper. I know we are even with the few minor problems we have had. We read allot from those that are not so happy because of dealer, manufacturer or both. We can all agree that QC from the factory and PDI from the dealer could use a good deal of improvement. Anyone out there had "0" issues since there purchase?

PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:37 AM   #2

I am not going to say that I have had no problems with mine since I got it because that would cause something to break! lol....I will say I have not seen my dealer since I drove it off the lot. And I love it!

CampingDixieDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:38 AM   #3
Fulltime family RVer

I've not had zero issues but I'm incredibly happy with my camper.

My dealer, not so much. The Sabre factory won me over after a rocky start.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:40 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingDixieDogs View Post
I am not going to say that I have had no problems with mine since I got it because that would cause something to break! lol....I will say I have not seen my dealer since I drove it off the lot. And I love it!
I can say that I stopped in to the dealer this past week-end just to say "hello"..
Old 06-18-2014, 11:52 AM   #5
Plain Old Member

If somebody has had 0 issues, I'd like to come do a PDI on that camper. I dig real deep.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:01 PM   #6
NELA

Our 5er is at the dealer now, for a list of small things. Nothing was urgent so we started a list, chose a convenient time and took 'er in.

Do we love our RV? HECK YEAH!

Do we love our dealer? you betcha!

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:12 PM   #7

We love our RV and are very happy with it! While I have not had zero problems, the minor issue we had was easily fixed by myself and cost lest than the fuel it would have taken to drive it down the street. We just returned from 4 nights over in Coeur D'Alene, ID and while the weather could have been nicer, the RV towed beautifully, setup and takedown was a breeze, and as usual everything worked perfectly.

My previous RV was an older Nash bumper pull. It was fine and reliable, but it couldn't hold a candle to how nice and comfortable the new rig is.
Mtelkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:16 PM   #8

Love ours. Minor issues that have been fixed by the dealer. Did have to have the AC replaced.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:18 PM   #9
NELA

I was reminded of RVs last night while watching "Deadliest Catch". Sig was having electrical problems and had to shut down power to the wheel house for repairs, using manual steering, etc.

He commented that: the more advanced these boats get with electronics, more bells and whistles, etc. the more complicated the upkeep and maintenance becomes.

'Tis true of RVs as well. Those boats also take a pounding in storms just like our RVs take a pounding on highways.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 06:04 PM   #10

Hello, very happy with our Surveyor 220. Haven't had any issues with it yet (had it 1 1/2 years now) other than having to learn how to operate the heater correctly (no manual from dealer but went online after reading post on this forum and found the manual so guess what? the heater works fine) As a note to others looking at new trailers, if you are looking at a trailer with a slider, make sure you can get to necessary parts of your trailer with the slider closed (we have to open the slider 1 1/2 feet to get the bathroom door to open and didn't notice that at the dealer). In fact, got manuals for all the appliances online, most of which our dealer did not provide us. We did have the bearings repacked after one year and my trailer mechanic (a great local guy not a dealer as our closest dealer is 1 1/2 hours away) had to replace one bearing as the factory had installed it so tight it burned up in one year and we were just lucky to catch it when we did. I have put an Oxygenics shower head in, memory foam mattress topper, upgraded the crappy bathroom fan with a much better one, replaced all lights with LED's, put a SmartFridge fan in the reefer (works wonders), replaced the heavy factory table with an adjustable light plastic table and put Maxair covers over the roof vents. Great trailer though.
Happy Camping!

2013 Forest River Surveyor SP220 Sport 25'
2012 Ram 1500 4X4, 5.7L Hemi quad cab
pt1655 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper