Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2016, 03:34 PM   #21
Who Dares, Wins

So looks like I will be going to the Oaks show on Saturday, got my time covered for the day off.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 04:29 PM   #22

We will be at the Oaks show Sat with Herk & Buzkirk so if you see us wearing our FROG Rally shirts stop us and introduce yourselves.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 06:48 PM   #23

I was very disappointed with the Harrisburg RV show. Granted, we are not in the market to buy because we just bought our Georgetown 369XL last fall at Hershey. We just wanted to check out the vendors for any possible 'accessories'. Again, I was disappointed.

Paid $10.00 to park and then renewed our Good Sam Club membership at the door to take advantage of the 50% off admission fee. They had a special if you pay for a two year membership ($50.00), they will reimburse you one year. We go to the ticket booth to find out the half off deal is only good for two tickets. So it was still $20.00 for three to get in. I now am $80.00 into this and haven't seen a thing.

Yes, we did check out the new RVs but just did a quick look and moved on. When we got to the venders, most were of campgrounds, but I could have pick-up their brochures at any PA welcome centers along the PA/MD border. It would have cost a lot less than $80.00 in gas. We also fought our way through the "free" giveaways because I have set through enough vacation presentations in my life time. Next we fought our way past the kitchen restoration place and window replacement place because if I wanted to remodel my stick home, I would have gone to the Home Builders Show. Finally made it to a vender that actually sold camping equipment. Eveything was set under a 10' x 10' tent. Their whole inventory probably was brought by one pick up truck. We finally decided to cut our losses and leave.

If we were in the market, perhaps I would not have been so disappointed., but I am still not sure it would be worth the money.
tkarper14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 08:04 PM   #24

I just got back from the show I will not be going back anytime soon. Save you money and time, not much there.
gussie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 08:19 PM   #25
Who Dares, Wins

I am always shocked how few accessories most rv shoes actually have. Even Hershey had a spot inside obviously... But really let's face it, rving is all about ACCESORIES!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 02-27-2016, 08:20 PM   #26
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
We will be at the Oaks show Sat with Herk & Buzkirk so if you see us wearing our FROG Rally shirts stop us and introduce yourselves.
Don't have a frog shirt so I'll post my attire and keep and eye open. We will prob be rolling with the lime green stroller for the wee one..

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 02-27-2016, 08:38 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkarper14 View Post
I was very disappointed with the Harrisburg RV show. Granted, we are not in the market to buy because we just bought our Georgetown 369XL last fall at Hershey. We just wanted to check out the vendors for any possible 'accessories'. Again, I was disappointed.

Paid $10.00 to park and then renewed our Good Sam Club membership at the door to take advantage of the 50% off admission fee. They had a special if you pay for a two year membership ($50.00), they will reimburse you one year. We go to the ticket booth to find out the half off deal is only good for two tickets. So it was still $20.00 for three to get in. I now am $80.00 into this and haven't seen a thing.

Yes, we did check out the new RVs but just did a quick look and moved on. When we got to the venders, most were of campgrounds, but I could have pick-up their brochures at any PA welcome centers along the PA/MD border. It would have cost a lot less than $80.00 in gas. We also fought our way through the "free" giveaways because I have set through enough vacation presentations in my life time. Next we fought our way past the kitchen restoration place and window replacement place because if I wanted to remodel my stick home, I would have gone to the Home Builders Show. Finally made it to a vender that actually sold camping equipment. Eveything was set under a 10' x 10' tent. Their whole inventory probably was brought by one pick up truck. We finally decided to cut our losses and leave.

If we were in the market, perhaps I would not have been so disappointed., but I am still not sure it would be worth the money.

I was disappointed also. I think I will just attend Hershey from now on. No accessories at either Timonioum or Harrisburg.
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 08:42 PM   #28
Who Dares, Wins

I will see, problem is after going to Hershey NOTHONG IS WORTH IT ANYMORE! LOL

I do not know if I have ever been to an rv show with more than a few accessories.. Timonium had about what I usually see, a small 50 x 50 area.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 02-28-2016, 09:48 AM   #29

I agree Harrisburg RV show is a bust unless your looking to buy an RV. Don't waste the money
Shagginwaggin0389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 06:50 PM   #30
Who Dares, Wins

Overall I enjoyed the day at the show. I was not shopping so the "deals" did not really matter. I will say I was disappointed the FR showing...

Enjoyed checking out several TT with bunkhouses. No one is ever is 100% with their trailer my guess... We are 99% happy with our Grey Wolf. The only do over I'd consider would be a bunk house but at the time we had a 1500 so I did not want to push it. I will say though I saw NOTHING that made me want to trade in and move up... Except for ONE Keystone Cougar 5er. It had the perfect bunkhouse setup and was the right size. But it was really the only one in its class. It was a 35 or so footer with a nice rear bunk and 1800lbs pin weight... Halt ton tow able so I was thinking of selling the HD and going back to the 1500!

OK JUST KIDDING WEIGHT POLICE.... Put down your scales and Lawyer / law suit threats!! LOL

But again nothing I would trade up for from our current setup. Accessory section is about what is typical of the RV shows around here. Got to have the obligatory bath fitters and the Russian back massage guy... Creepy... I think once you see Hershey you are tainted for life and will never appreciate another RV show again.

Looking forward to Oaks next weekend. It is usually pretty good!

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB

Tags
show