Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2016, 02:11 PM   #1

Harvest Hosts

Does anyone have any experience with Harvest Hosts? I love the country and all things farming but before I spend $40 I'd like to hear from a real live member. Thanks
toddlafond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 02:19 PM   #2

I think a member did this or the like, look for the member called "ependydad"
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 02:34 PM   #3
Always Learning

That's me! I asked almost the exact same question a couple of months back. We were lining up a drive from southern California to Florida and I thought it could be a fun way to go.

Longest story shortest, I only have a single night in it. It's not the fault of HH, I'm just not setup for cold (~30-degrees at night) boondocking. The cold laughed at my single battery and destroyed it with our usual nighttime usage.

The negatives of this actual location/my experience:

I also spent more at the winery than I would have liked for a "free" night of camping. I think it was $43 once I paid for 2 wine tastings, a bottle of wine, and a small tip for the server. And, this location was extremely off of the highway- like 30 miles. Very pretty miles, but it added to our drive time (which the point of this leg of the drive was to just "make miles").

The good of this location:

The staff was very friendly. Even with me having 2 kids (ages 3 and 12) in the winery with me. In fact, the lady joked with my 3 year old and included him in the discussions. Huge win there. The location was gorgeous and it was extremely quiet (30 miles out into the countryside of Arizona).

I would have done a second night, but my battery was just beaten senseless from the first one. I didn't think of the temperature shortening the battery's usable life quite so much.

Pictures:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dougse...57663111228445
Old 02-03-2016, 02:43 PM   #4
Always Learning

Here was my thread on it:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...out-98469.html

There were some great comments made by RverAnn45.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:56 PM   #5

Thanks for the comments. I will definitely look at your link.
toddlafond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 07:19 PM   #6

the more we hear about this, the more we like it. DW and I often drink wine and do wine tours. For us to do a wine tasting, buy a bottle of wine etc, its something we would do anyway. This just limits how far we have to travel back to our camper

Actually in southern Illinois there is a winery with full hookups. We would probably stay there if we didn't like Feryne Clyffe state park so much.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:57 AM   #7

We haven't used it but have been considering it as well. I saw that the Wynn's did a write up about the pros/cons, if you're interested.

Ditching Parking Lots for Farms & Wineries

Run Free Sweet Riley 2009-2015

Visit our blog for more information and details!
www.kels4g.com
Kels4g is offline   Reply With Quote