Old 01-20-2015, 05:38 PM   #11

Stay away from General RV in Wayland, Mi.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
BuckeyeChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 08:29 PM   #12

Got our Lacrosse from General RV Chicago, would go there again. great people!

Minooka, IL.
checca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:52 PM   #13

went to purchase the PT 26bh at the show from general rv and everything about them was sleezy and awful. We asked them for their best deal before we began to try to negotiate. The deal they came back with was full sticker price and an additional 2k in dealer fees and document fees. I got up left and bought the jayco jayflight 26bh with more options for less than their sticker price with all fees and taxes included also got 700 more on trade.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:27 PM   #14

We bought our Coachman from General. We went to a few dealers in Ohio and Indiana. General RV was great. They were very friendly and I really felt like they were honest in their dealing. One big thing for me is how they talk about their competitors. When talking to General they did not bash their competitors but gave specific examples of how the Coachman we were looking at was superior to a competing model.
Like all dealers, however, I would like a little less pressure to buy the extended warranty. I wish I had more confidence in the extended warranty, but I don't.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:30 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bheston View Post
We bought our Coachman from General. We went to a few dealers in Ohio and Indiana. General RV was great. They were very friendly and I really felt like they were honest in their dealing. One big thing for me is how they talk about their competitors. When talking to General they did not bash their competitors but gave specific examples of how the Coachman we were looking at was superior to a competing model.
Like all dealers, however, I would like a little less pressure to buy the extended warranty. I wish I had more confidence in the extended warranty, but I don't.
I was also highly pressured to buy an extended warranty by General RV. The told me if I didn't need to use it I would get a refund after seven years. I never used it. I did repairs myself in some cases. When the seven years were about to expire i requested the refund only to be told that the warranty company went out of bussiness and there would be NO refund. I was upset and asked them if there was anything that General RV would be willing to do for me, if only a discount on store items. I was told absolutely not. They claimed that they made NO MONEY selling the extended warranty and were just offering them as a courtesy to their customers. By telling me that general RV just added insult to my loss by thinking that I would be naive enough to believe that. This was general RV Wayland Michigan I will never do business with them again. This is just my experience maybe yours will be different but don't ask me for a recommendation.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
BuckeyeChuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ohio, show