Old 12-22-2014, 10:23 PM   #1
has anyone done business with general rv in Ohio RV show approaching

looking to upgrade this year at the IX center's RV show in Ohio has anyone dealt with General RV they have some models im interested in.

jkochmit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 01:57 AM   #2
Our Tracer Air 255 is there now to take care of a few things we found on our first time out with it.So far so good but I told them they could have it as long as they need as long as I get it back by spring time.I live right near the IX center and have went to many of the rv shows.Its a good place to look at a lot of trailers in a day but the sales people can be really pushy because they have a quota to make.

Jeff & Debbie
2015 Tracer Air 255
2015 Ram Laramie Power Wagon 2500
searay245se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 05:57 AM   #3
I bought a tongue jack at the store last fall. I mentioned that my battery cover had blown off and they GAVE me a new lid. I didn't even buy that particular RV from them. They are good folks, and I can vouch for their business practices, as we've done business at their original location for over 20 years.
2015 Work and Play 30WRS
2011 Ram 2500 I-6
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 06:36 AM   #4
We bought our Crusader from them at the fall expo in Sept 2013

Went up there to see one in person - kick the tires type stuff since no one had one by us..were "just gonna look, right dear ?" We were VERY IMPRESSED with the quality of the Prime Time unit

We ended up buying that day - dealt with Kristina Good - not pushy, knew her stuff and knew we were serious shoppers from the get go !!

They gave us a quote on our trade sight unseen and stuck to it the day we picked up our Crusader - excellent PDI tech - even though it was our third fifth wheel it was great

We have had ABSOLUTELY ZERO issues in our first year - there are many horror stories out but we seem to have been in the select few of extremely pleased customers

Fast forward - our friends bought a Sabre from a local dealer this March - had major issues from day one which most should have been caught before it left the dealer but no PDI was the main reason - here you go, any questions? Nope thanks and have a nice day - goodbye

Their unit is now back at dealer with a punch list of over a dozen things including leaky windows and messed up slides....they still say they should have bought a Crusader !!

We give General RV ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Hope we never have to use their service department 😉
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 03:55 PM   #5
thanks for the replies! I have read mixed reviews about the dealer thanks for sharing im glad to hear people have had good luck there almost bought from them at last years show but decided to save up for one more year.
jkochmit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 04:27 PM   #6
I bought my 5er from General in Ohio also. No complaints. Salesman was Kevin. Been almost 2 years now and when I go in for some stuff he still comes up and says hi and asks how things are going. As for their service, they have treated me well for the minor warranty things I had addressed. The new service center is huge, they were very overloaded before.
2016 Forester 3171DS Class C Motorhome
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport - Toad
1993 Mustang 5.0 Notch 5-speed
Chewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 04:30 PM   #7
You might want to check out Jeff Couch RV Nation. Great team to work with. Please tell Brannon hi for me. We bought ours from him. Service dept. pays attention detail. Best of all they take care of there customers.

Ram 1500
Big Horn
Hemi 5.7 2011
Salem 30KQBSS 2012
DougP47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 04:54 PM   #8
Ohio Show

General had alot of units at the show last year. We went to see if any one had any deals on blocks and chocks. But there weren't any deals at all, on any general supplies.
2OLDDIGGERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 08:21 PM   #9
I bought from General RV in Wixom, Michigan. Generally they did okay work but you have to keep after them. Friend of mine bought a Lacrosse and has nothing but disappointments. Said he would never buy from them again. Seems they are very slow....
billb800si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 05:19 PM   #10
We bought from Couch RV Nation. They were horrible. Don't know how they stay in business.

OKI Marine is offline   Reply With Quote

ohio, show