Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2011, 07:05 PM   #1

Has anyone ever fudged their party #s

Hey Yall:
I am heading out on the maiden voyage with the roo this week. I have 5 people in my family and my middle kid is disabled, more on him in a minute. I told my daughter she could bring a friend to Fla for Spring Break. I went to go make a reservation to a state park along the way for a single night. Well the system has a 2 night minimum and that is still better than any of the nearby private places.

They have a 6 person minimum. Well we bring another adult along with us to help with Kyle, so with our kids, my daughter's friend and our "nanny" with a lack of a better word, we have more than legal limit. So I called a central reservation # and explained our plight. They said no. Well they said no, but would make an exception as the kids had to be under 18 and all our kids.

I then went online made the reservation for 6 people, paid the stupid 2 night minimum even though I am staying just 1 night, and I am done with it. Eitherway, I lie and claim Ebby as my own or I go on line say only 6 are staying with us...both I am not truthful and I think their 6 person limit is silly along with the 2 night minimum...ugghhh.
08 Tundra 5.7 liter 4x4 crew cab TRD limited
08 Toyota limited 4 Runner Iforce V8 full time 4WD, tow package
Smokyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:12 PM   #2

you mean 6 person max?
Is it here in Florida or another state Park?

If anything I think they charge extra for an extra person or two.
I have fudged the numbers but it was the opposite by subtracting a person - sorry I am not much help on this.

I know the state park I went to this weekend had volunteers when you first drove in and gave you the info sheet and stuff - I would think as long as they are quiet when you pull up I doubt they will hassle you
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:27 PM   #3

Matt, it is a Georgia SP and a not real popular one at that and it is a Max number per site...I get why they do this, first to generate revenue by getting larger parties to book more than 1 site...like the 2 night minimum and 2nd, to prevent big parties, not group size but festival wise .

I know the average family is smaller these days, and I know not many folks are in the same situation as us with having another adult caregiver camp too, but at least at Blue Springs they allow groups of 8...I figured I would go there, check in and if somebody says something beg forgiveness with my son next to my side...it still bothers me though...
08 Tundra 5.7 liter 4x4 crew cab TRD limited
08 Toyota limited 4 Runner Iforce V8 full time 4WD, tow package
Smokyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:43 PM   #4

here in Wisconsin. we have a posted limit of 5 people unless they are family members. Many respectful camping parties have more than this and not much is said. for those who cannot be respectful (I doubt any of us here fit this description) the wardens will remove you from the park.
so I say; say 6, bring seven, and enjoy your night.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokyroo View Post
Matt, it is a Georgia SP and a not real popular one at that and it is a Max number per site...I get why they do this, first to generate revenue by getting larger parties to book more than 1 site...like the 2 night minimum and 2nd, to prevent big parties, not group size but festival wise .

I know the average family is smaller these days, and I know not many folks are in the same situation as us with having another adult caregiver camp too, but at least at Blue Springs they allow groups of 8...I figured I would go there, check in and if somebody says something beg forgiveness with my son next to my side...it still bothers me though...
you shouldnt let it bother you because people do alot worse things - besides you could always drop a few off at the store and then setup and then go back to get them if it really bothers you. Personally I wouldnt let it bother me - you have more things to worry about that are more important like making it to Blue Springs
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:03 PM   #6

I would not worry about it at all. I have been to many state parks in ohio and have never been asked to do head count. I really believe (like was stated before) that they only do it for the money and to stop big parties on small sites. And that is clearly not your intentions. enjoy your trip.
5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote