Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2014, 05:50 PM   #1

Hatchlift.com

Is anyone familiar with these RV bedlift kits and how well they work?

Also,the RV storage door lift kits....how are the mounting brackets secured? I don't want to drill all the way through my hatch cover but it sure would be nice not to have to use the door holders attached to the travel trailer.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:23 AM   #2
Who Dares, Wins

We had bought a set for our bed in our Rockwood 2306 a few years ago at the Hershey RV Show. They worked well for what we wanted, take some of the weight of the mattress while we opened the under bed storage.

The hardest part for us was making sure they had the right angles to work correctly. The 2306's bed and frame did not allow for much mounting options so it took some thinking. Our bed was a 1.25" square tube sheeted in 1/4 plywood. But the way it was laid out gave no where to really bolt the brackets on very well. I ended up needing to add extra plywood to allow for mounting tabs.

In the end the bed would not stay closed at first so I remounted. Once this was done the bed was MUCH easier to lift but would not stay open without holding the hatch up, but it could be done with one hand instead of two hands struggling to hold the weight of the bed.

I do not think this was the hatch-lift's fault, but the fact that we did not have a great place to mount the two lifts and place them in an optimal position to do their jobs, so I DO NOT fault them for this issue. The brackets mounted using a square plate with a very strong double sided tape and short self tapping screws. In the time we had the kit installed never had an issue with them pulling out and it did not require drilling through completely.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:55 AM   #3

Thank you for the info - I will give them a try. Looks like they have cylinders rated for different weights.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:30 AM   #4
Who Dares, Wins

They do. I had two rated for the highest weight for my bed. It might have been over kill, but worked.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote