Old 03-04-2016, 07:04 PM   #11
I saw that rack at Northern Tool. I'm still thinking about building one,but I'm waiting for the 5er to get here.

I have a good friend that owns a welding shop and between him and myself,we can manufacture a custom fit rack for little $$$$.Thanks for all the ideas.

2011 Ram Mega Cab 3500 Larimie dually
2016 Chaparral 370FL
DaveandSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 08:05 PM   #12
Gold Miner At Heart
Wow 100 Lbs. So I just purchased a trike for my DW. I have a bumper bike carrier and I had to make a custom piece to support one side of the bike. So in the picture I have the front bar of the bike turned backwards to fit snug in the carrier. The custom support is on the back outside wheel area. The bike that I purchased is called Alameda and is lightweight aluminum. I weighed this one and it's 48 Lbs.

“I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 08:23 PM   #13
Looks good.I'll be posting pics when I get this project started and done.Have a couple of mods inside the new 5er to do too.Let the fun begin.It should be here over the weekend.I hope.

2011 Ram Mega Cab 3500 Larimie dually
2016 Chaparral 370FL
DaveandSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 10:23 PM   #14
Check out the folding terratrike it weighs about 30-35 pounds.
wboglejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 10:44 PM   #15
Dorothy and the Tinman
Originally Posted by RverAnn45 View Post
Do you like the folding trikes? What brand?
I love my recumbent TerraTrike Traveler! It certainly isn't a racing trike but it gets me where I need to go while we are traveling.
Don and Joan
2014 Cedar Creek 36CKTS
2010 Ford F250 SD 4x2 Air Bag Assist

Joan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 11:02 PM   #16
Similar Topic

I start a topic the other day Hitch rack for Tricycle, use cargo haul?

I am looking at an aluminum cargo hauler from HF and a 4" hitch riser. My DW's tricycle folds and with the front wheel turned will fit into the basket. The rear axle will rest on the top of the basket with the wheels hanging down.
I call a few manufacturers and they don't recommend their products on motorhomes or trailers with any rear overhang of 6 feet or more.
2004 Winnebago Minnie 22e(went to a nice family Oct 3, 2015)
2016 Forester 2701DS (Aug 31, 2015)
2015 Camping 3 trips 6 nights
2016 Camping 9 trips 28 nights
Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 03:10 PM   #17
We have a 2007 FR PUP and would like to haul our adult Tricycle, a Worksman side-by-side. We have an autistic son who can't ride without help, thus the heavy duty trike--weighs about 200 #'s empty. Our camper doesn't have a hitch on the rear. Any ideas on how we might take the trike along? Our tow is a "07 chrysler Pacifica.

peaceparson is offline   Reply With Quote